Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 4, 2009, 6:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
WTF! You're a magician or what? How did you get rid of that pole?
I like simple's light and bahadir act of magic. Best of both worlds!
Thank you dear mate : ) I simply wouldn't wish anyone with a good camera risk being run over in the search of a better point of view
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2009, 6:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
WTF! You're a magician or what? How did you get rid of that pole?
I like simple's light and bahadir act of magic. Best of both worlds!
Both talented people used some post production skills to improve on your out of the camera image. Once on a rare occasion a perfect picture comes from the camera not needing any fiddling. For the most part some pp is necessary.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2009, 1:06 AM   #13

OK a little secret on the edit LOL i made 3 exact copies of your original image supplied and loaded them up in photomatix manually set the ev to 1 just very minor tweaks with gamma etc then finally sharpend with infranview in the past i have done this but also converted one copy of the 3 to black and white. i do this not going for hdr but just tweaking
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2009, 3:18 AM   #14

WOW, thanks all it seems that I am in the right place to continue learning.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 1:38 PM   #15

With all due respect, when I take a photograph, I want people to see what my eye sees. There are plenty of reasons to post process, and that would include those who wish to create an effect quite different from how the scene actually appears to the eye. But this discussion seems to lean toward processing for it's own sake, as opposed to processing to achieve similitude to the scene.

A night scene is not a day scene, nor is it something in between. It's not that I have a problem with the surreal - But rather the surreal is never what my eye see's.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:20 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
With all due respect, when I take a photograph, I want people to see what my eye sees. There are plenty of reasons to post process, and that would include those who wish to create an effect quite different from how the scene actually appears to the eye. But this discussion seems to lean toward processing for it's own sake, as opposed to processing to achieve similitude to the scene.
Dave - I agree with you 100%, but I must say that I learnt a lot regarding post processing and HDR from this forum. Although I don't think I will implement it a lot.

I do like my pictures as is from the cameara and looking at a lot of photographs during the last month I must say that I have a lot to learn regarding composition..

I liked your photo it really gives the atmosphere of a US city at night.