Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 13, 2009, 2:04 PM   #1

Default The Olde Kitchen

Thoughts and comments apreciated

simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2009, 2:26 PM   #2
Super Moderator

i am going back and forth on this one. sometimes i really like the effect, sometimes not. idk.

not really seen tonemapping/hdr used much on this type of image, so it is unique. but it almost obscures some of the details that i think may be interesting.

would u mind putting up a non-mapped and/or black and white version of this pic so we can make a comparison?
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 2:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
i am going back and forth on this one. sometimes i really like the effect, sometimes not. idk.

not really seen tonemapping/hdr used much on this type of image, so it is unique. but it almost obscures some of the details that i think may be interesting.

would u mind putting up a non-mapped and/or black and white version of this pic so we can make a comparison?
I'm a novice, but I kind of understand what you are talking about. I would like to see a B&W version also.

Nonetheless, it's a gorgeous shot! I can feel great things from the photo.

- Hiro
hiro1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 2:49 PM   #4

a quicksnap i took to see if i could do something with it
Old Sep 13, 2009, 3:03 PM   #5
Super Moderator

ok, after seeing what you were working with, i am very impressed.

you did a great clone-job to remove the photographer from the bench. and the details as cloning back in the shadows are pretty impressive.

thanks for sharing what you started with. it makes me appreciate the original much more. nice job.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 3:06 PM   #6

the photographer moved hards80 she is my shooting partner / wife and heavily pregnant she was just taking a rest LOL

Last edited by simple; Sep 13, 2009 at 3:11 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 3:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
the photographer moved hards80 she is my shooting partner / wife and heavily pregnant she was just taking a rest LOL
That's funny. It's nice to see her face again. The last time I saw her was when you guys got married I guess. Glad to know she is doing well.

- Hiro
hiro1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 4:32 PM   #8

Your first shot is great. I dont know what Hards80 is talking about losing detail because of your pp. It did in fact enhance them. Your shot is another one for the books. Id give it 2 thumbs up. What you have done here is inspire me to go back through my pics and give it another go with more of a twist to what you have done here. Thanks.

Last edited by Bynx; Sep 13, 2009 at 4:47 PM.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 4:52 PM   #9
Super Moderator

lolz. i misinterpreted it as meaning that was the original shot you worked from.... glad i could provide some amusement for you all though.... =)

bynx- i don't think i phrased it correctly when i said lost detail. and keep in mind i had not seen what the original scene looked like. without seeing that, i was just wondering if there were some interesting shadows or other such thing that may have been interesting in a normal mono-conversion or whatever. after seeing the scene, i totally agree that the edited shot and the converted edited image bring out more detail.

i will try to be more clear in the future, i wash over some things as i am trying to get through all the "new posts"
Old Sep 13, 2009, 5:27 PM   #10

No problem Hards80. Im such a lover of HDR I think of it as the new great toy and not just a fad of the age.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote