Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 22, 2009, 2:50 PM   #11

Default I'll pull the blurred version!

Ok - I can se what you are talking about, and appreciate being brougt 'down to earth' by you guys! Ordo - I like the expression "crepuscular light " very much - have no idea what it means, but it sounds great!!

Here is the "Un-Blurred" version. Not really exciting with the power-lines going up to the mast and the scaffolding on that other house....?
Attached Images

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 2:53 PM   #12

i agree on both the first and second parts of this thread funny to start with LOL and i would personally like to see the image without the blur
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 3:08 PM   #13

ah see i was slightly late on my response .... i tweaked the colours slightly maybe not to your taste? kinda takes the darkness away but i can clearly see that the roof is ready for tiling on the second building anyway your second post is far better than the first walter the tower and compound on the top of the rocky hill does this supply the communication line and power? to the foreground buildings?

Last edited by simple; Sep 22, 2009 at 3:11 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 3:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Ok - I can se what you are talking about, and appreciate being brougt 'down to earth' by you guys! Ordo - I like the expression "crepuscular light " very much - have no idea what it means, but it sounds great!!

Here is the "Un-Blurred" version. Not really exciting with the power-lines going up to the mast and the scaffolding on that other house....?
Ahh yes. See why you blurred it. But you could crop them out, leaving the house on the right, and turn it into portrait orientation. Worth a shot, because the blurring just doesn't work. Or, if you're a glutton for punishment, clone out the various objects you don't like.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2009, 3:15 PM   #15

Default Cool!

Oh Wow, Simon!

What colours and crispiness you brought out!

Agree, it does take away the feel of night and some of the 'mystery', but on the other hand, I can se now that the top of the roof of the first house coincides with the ridge behind, never a good thing! So as for a 'winner' this pic is ruined anyway.

Thanks for your effort, I'm impressed!
Old Sep 22, 2009, 3:20 PM   #16

the pic isnt ruined walter i like it ... you got the thirds the rocks in the foreground start it off nicely
Old Sep 22, 2009, 3:32 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
...the tower and compound on the top of the rocky hill does this supply the communication line and power? to the foreground buildings?
No, Simon.
The tower is a combined nautical navigation-aid (red blinking light on top) for boats out at sea (behind the hill there is the North Sea), and at the same time supports a coastal radar-unit which again is partly for coastal navigation survaillance (nautical civilian), and partly of defense-purpose (the green barracks).

The white house you see is the old lighthouse-home for the crew on duty, now turned into a holyday-house.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:55 PM   #18

interesting thanks walter
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:19 AM   #19

I'll give it a shot. No body laugh...

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:27 PM   #20

Default Another go at it...

Thank you Chato - nobody laughes, it works!

Just had to try a different approach to it. Did't do too god of a job with the clone-stamp-tool, but it could work if I took the time to do it properly.
But as I said somewere else, this isn't going to be a "keeper" anyway, since the rooftop has the same level as the hill behind it - when I shot it was too dark to make out, really.

But, what the heck - I have learnde a lot with this picture. Thanks everyone!
Attached Images