Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:29 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
HDR stand for high dynamic range ..... im thinking of creating a thread with a brief introduction using photomatix pro?
I had one started in Digital Arts thread but it has been deleted since this site changed its look. So do start one Simple. HDR should be kept together.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 7:30 AM   #12

Quote:
HDR stand for high dynamic range ..... im thinking of creating a thread with a brief introduction using photomatix pro?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
I had one started in Digital Arts thread but it has been deleted since this site changed its look. So do start one Simple. HDR should be kept together.
If you start a HDR thread I'll be glad to make my contribution to it... I don't know if I have a unique way of doing it, but we'll find out I'll leave the founding of the thread up to you Simple, after all, you seem to have your way pretty neatly with HDR.

BTW: How are you going to approach this? as a "how to" guide in the first post or just use it as a "Upload your HDR images here, willy-nilly" kind of thread?

Flikkaarrrr
Acapulco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:03 AM   #13

The HDR fanatics would say that nothing shown in these forums is actually HDR. Technically, HDR can only be done with 32 bit images.

I do believe that the popular definition is winning out - And a good thing! How many have monitors that can even show 32 bit images?

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:08 AM   #14

i was just thinking of a brief introduction not a full on guide LOL every image is tweaked in its own way so it would be impossible to do this ? dont you think however for the people thinking about trying hdr it would just make it a bit more simple to understand im a novice at it myself / self taught .

bynx its a shame yours as disapeared i would have loved to check it out
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:21 AM   #15

Quote:
i was just thinking of a brief introduction not a full on guide...every image is tweaked in its own way so it would be impossible to do this ? dont you think however for the people thinking about trying hdr it would just make it a bit more simple to understand...
I understand what you mean, and that was what I meant too just show how you can do it quickly... I do have Photomatix but I actually prefer Photoshop somehow, lol

Chato - yes, HDR images are rendered in 32-bit mode, but that's because of the toning and all that. And since HDR is a special technique which really is starting to grow in popularity, why not have a thread specifically for that, so that people can find it easier and people who love it can have their own grounds
Better than bogarting the "Critiques and Techniques" thread. I mean sure it's a special technique but macro and portrait is also a specific technique and they all got their place here already

Flikkaarrrr
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:25 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acapulco View Post
Yeah, the D60 don't offer any Auto Expose Bracketing, so it's very easy to move the camera slightly while changing the settings.

These were made out of 9 individual images for each set.

geez i only ever use 3 LOL i really like your results though maybe next time i will put a bit more effort into mine

photoshop still learning the basics with it i have elements 7.

photomatix dynamic hdr and easy hdr was my last purchase

Last edited by simple; Sep 23, 2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:30 AM   #17

Quote:
geez i only ever use 3 LOL i really like your results though maybe next time i will put a bit more effort into mine
Hehe, don't worry mate, your pictures never feel as if they're lacking in any form or shape

Next HDR project, I'll do a test. I'm gonna make two HDR images, one made from the traditional 3-shot and one with overkill 8-10 shots, to see if there's any difference at all
Any ideas in what I should have as subject? I'll go for a walk tomorrow, see if I can find anything that meets the eye

Flikkaarrrr
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:36 AM   #18

mmm this will be interesting ..... i usually do mine at -1 0 +1 or 2 how high do you go? cant wait im sure you will come up with something spectacular ..... man i have to wait while the weekend to get out.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:54 AM   #19

For example in the one with the branches I used 9. I did -8, -6, -4, -2, +/-0, +2, +4, +6, +8 if I remember correctly

Flikkaarrrr
Old Sep 23, 2009, 12:26 PM   #20

geez i might try it at the weekend , the problem is knocking ther setting up without moving the camera the d90 will only take 3 shots at a time in brkt mode then i would need to reset the values manually not too hard as i always use a tripod for hdr and a remote shutter release maybe i will practice in the garden . btw with the dust spots i had the same problem i ended up buying one of those nikon lens pens sorted it no probs

Last edited by simple; Sep 23, 2009 at 12:29 PM.