Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 23, 2009, 12:55 PM   #21

Default Hdr-

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
...every image is tweaked in its own way so it would be impossible to do this...
Hello Simon,

I really do hope that you'll find the time to do this, as I regard you as one of the contributors here that has a lot of experience in tweeking HDR in Photomatix Pro 3,0 and you are doing it well - ref. "church in the lake-district", "old abbey", "barge", "skipton church" and "town hall" !!

I know that every image needs its own way, but you could try and explain the most common pitfalls and how to avoid them? May-be explain some of the controls and what they do?

I am really looking forward to this, as I myself often do HDR's but really only succeed in very few of them - and not really knowing why!!

Last edited by Walter_S; Sep 23, 2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Spelling errors: Changed "Barfe" to "barge" = LoLo
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:31 PM   #22

i do know what every function in photomatix is and what it is used for and why so this wont be a problem walter all the info is out there on the wonderful world wide web but it would be (i think) nice to have some info bundled up here on digi cams i think with the likes of everyone who as contributed in this thread gets involved we wont go far wrong i will start the basic functions of photomatix in the next day or so and will finish it for the weekend.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:35 PM   #23

Simon, you dont have to wait for the weekend to do some HDR. A good place to practice is your living room, kitchen or any other room that has shadows, different light sources like sunlight and electric lighting. You would be shooting for the shadows, the highlights and the average shot. Maybe the window would be brighter than the bulb or lamp so it would have its own exposure, while the lamp would have another. You can get some pretty interesting shots of your own living quarters. By the way, Bahadir is pretty adept at HDR, by the examples he has posted.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:58 PM   #24

yeah bahadir is a dab hand i know one of the best on here when it comes to hdr in fact i only started after viewing his work LOL got me hooked

as for the introduction was thinking down the lines of something like this

this is just an example what you think yes no? man this thread could do with splitting sorry acapulco seems to have gone way off topic
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:46 PM   #25
Super Moderator

acapulco, these are 2 nice images. and good use of hdr.

i am looking forward to the 9 image vs 3 image test results from both of you, should be interesting.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:09 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
this is just an example what you think yes no? man this thread could do with splitting sorry acapulco seems to have gone way off topic
hehe no worries mate
Anybody got an idea of a way of making a HDR thread inside the "post your photos" tab or will we have to use the "Digital Art",or any other, thread?

Flikkaarrrr
Acapulco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:28 PM   #27

The HDR thread was previously located in Digital Art. There are a couple of posts there now with a few examples.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:21 PM   #28

Ive asked JimC if he will create a new thread for HDR in the Photos to Post section.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 2:42 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acapulco View Post

These were made out of 9 individual images for each set.
I thin k I know what you mean...but could you elaborate for a newby???
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2009, 6:05 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejohn View Post
I thin k I know what you mean...but could you elaborate for a newby???
I've taken 9 pictures and then used Merge into HDR in Photoshop CS4 and done various changes for wanted effect. Hope this helps understand a bit.

Flikkaarrrr
Acapulco is offline   Reply With Quote