Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 1, 2009, 7:36 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Hate to dissapoint you Chato / Dave but here is another one. May be this one is to your (dis)liking - so that you can bad-mouth about 'real garbage'-HDR ?
Did I or did I not ask for garbage?

Enough of these glorious shots, I WANT to go back to bad-mouthing HDR, and ALL of you clowns are a BIG disappointment. One nice picture after another.

Sheesh! Talk about nerve!

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:34 PM   #22
Super Moderator

i really enjoying the shots in this thread. very nice hdr renditions. great color and detail.

and am amused by the banter as well.. lol
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2009, 12:59 AM   #23

Default Exposure-blending

Thanks everybody, both for the enjoyable "bad-mouthing" and all the kind words so far. This always gives inspiration to post yet another one - and I'll keep on doing so until somebody shouts "stopp", or until I run out of either pictures or inspiration to shoot them...

This one has been put together with 4 exposures in a process similar to HDR, called exposure-blending. I use Photomatix Pro for that as well.

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2009, 1:20 AM   #24

Nice shot, like the way the sun light reflects off the rocks.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2009, 11:46 AM   #25

Default Boathouse-scene:

Thanks, Calicajun!

From the same shooting-day, early in the morning, I would like to add this little boathouse-scene which gives me the most pleasure to watch. It is, of course a HDR-rendering with Photomatix Pro, done with only 3 exposures of -1EV, 0 and +1EV. Would love to have a dSLR with bigger EV-gaps in exposure-compensation to give me the would-be-perfect -2EV, 0 and +2EV's - thats my dream for my future camera...

Enjoy, have a nice week-end and take care - you hear!

Best regards from Walter of Norway

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!

Last edited by Walter_S; Oct 3, 2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Editing out spelling-errors! :o/
Old Oct 3, 2009, 3:04 PM   #26

WTF? WALTERs!!!!!

me and you are going to fall out LOL that picture is fantastic you really are pulling all the stops out lately im starting to wish i lived near you .
as for the ev i shoot mainly the same as you -1 0 +1 imsure i rad somewhere or watched a online video by a pro that it was the best for more detial but maybe im wrong ? wouldntbe the first time

btw have you got the next shot where the rock rolls down onto the boat shed
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2009, 6:25 PM   #27

Superb. You should sell those renditions to Photomatrix.
I'll have to buy Photomatrix Pro and move to Norway!
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2009, 10:30 AM   #28

Thank you simple and Ordo!

simple:
Ref, EV's for HDR - I belive you might be right with what you have heard or read about 3 pix with 1EV apart (-1, 0, +1) will give best details, but I usually get blown skies with that, thats why I would like the -2EV in addition to the others, just to be sure to get details enough in the highlights.

As for that boulder on top - that has been pushed there by the ice about 10.000 years ago when halve of the European continet was covered in miles-thick ice. That boulder will stay where it is until the next ice-age...

Ordo:
Moving to Norway would set you back financially so bad you wouldn't enjoy it, so settle for Photomatrix Pro only - my advise

Old Oct 4, 2009, 11:30 AM   #29

mmm i know what you mean with the blown skies i have been suffering that myself i might try the next one a couple of steps up on scenic/ landscapes .... etc
simple is offline   Reply With Quote