Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 11, 2009, 6:55 AM   #21

walter you have to stop posting .... im going sick with envy even though the last building is a normal shot it is just great i would go in there and ask them to all move those cars LOL and scooters take the shots for HDR in return give them a copy so they can use it for advertising
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2009, 7:34 AM   #22

In your last shot walter, what do you think is the purpose of that white piece of wood on the roof over the door which is also fastened to the roof above?
By the way, what a great looking building. If we were doing a thread on architecture there is a huge log building I used to drive by all the time. It was massive and looked as interesting on the inside as on the outside. If I can find a pic of it I will post it.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2009, 9:27 AM   #23

Default Thank you for your kind and encougaing words, both of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
...go in there and ask them to all move those cars and scooters take the shots for HDR...
Yes, I was actually thinking along the same lines when I was there, but I chickende out as I heard brassband-music coming from within....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
...If I can find a pic of it I will post it
Yes, please - I would like that very much, Bynx!

I am just glad that you all are interested in this series, as I feel pretty strong about these old houses, and specially when I think of all the different craftsmen who worked on these houses here, creating such beautiful pices of art!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
...what do you think is the purpose of that white piece of wood on the roof over the door which is also fastened to the roof above?
Its just a flag-pole, Bynx. Unfortunately this was blown-out beyond recognition on my last picture. Here is one is that better exposed:

BTW, at the end of that street here, you may recognice the other gray "Dracula"-house from post #14

Attached Images

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!

Last edited by Walter_S; Oct 11, 2009 at 9:29 AM. Reason: Removing spelling errors! :o/
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2009, 2:02 AM   #24

I have stopped back in I can say one thing the new ones wow we have some in the hills here ha yes Seattle Washington err the whole state has some folks from Norway one of my teachers had family there.. the white wood is what I believe if I remember right the flag pole where once waved the flag of the family whom lived in the house... gone are the days to bad and hey music is music it don't hurt to ask..
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:04 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Its just a flag-pole, Bynx. Unfortunately this was blown-out beyond recognition on my last picture. Here is one is that better exposed:

BTW, at the end of that street here, you may recognice the other gray "Dracula"-house from post #14

This last one looks more like something I would create in a modeling rendering program Walter...

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2009, 3:26 PM   #26

Thank you both for kind words!
Chato you must show me one of your modeling renditions / Dioramas - you are making me couriouse!

Regards!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote