Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 15, 2009, 12:46 PM   #11

Default Re-done Autumm-House:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
I just tilted the camera a bit to line the building up.
Well thanks, Bynx - and in the moving-process you have made a little crack on the left wing, just above the 1st window - you really ought to be more careful handling old and brittle houses like these...

Looks better now, mind you the street sloped just a bit as well.

Rectifying faulty crops, and learning more about composition all the time, thats what we are here for. Thank you all for participating!!

Attached Images

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 1:11 PM   #12

Very nice crop.
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 4:41 PM   #13

I was thinking of something like this. I didnt like the trees angling off to the left. Ah, just nitpicking. Nice job Walter.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2009, 10:07 PM   #14

I aint retired but I have free time being a mother that wants to work but find it hard when I get others following me to place blame and etc on me when I do or tries to at least do that like the last black man that came in right after I had gotten a job in Branson, Mo... and whom was the only other one in the tiller at the time that stole money and blames it on me so he can step up? what the heck was that David.....them Mexicans and them Blacks seem to have something going alright.....but I know it is not all of them trying to bring the whites down.... excuse me cause I have some one looking in on my issues that maybe should not be looking in at my issues....
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2009, 10:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Having no better idea for a title than this, I just post the picture and see what happens.

BTW, this is actually a continuation from the thread: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/cr...-backyard.html
And this picture shows that its getting later in the evening, the sun barely touching the roof of the house and painting the tree-crown with evening-gold, thus empasizing the autumm-colors even more.

Enjoy!

What a grand old house. Reminds me of pix I have seen of old houses in Quebec. I like the quality of the light falling on the house and the trees in the original shot. Very nice.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 3:45 AM   #16

Thank you, lesmore49!

In this shot I was kind of torn between 2 major camps, so to speak - and I tried to satisfy both 'cravings'.

On the one hand this is an architectural shot of an old house, on the other hand it is a seasonal shot and possibly a third angle might be the mood created by the setting sun.

Mission Impossible is to get all three of them together in one shot. But posting the pictures here makes me see things differently and I really do learn a lot from all the different comments.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment.

Old Oct 18, 2009, 4:31 AM   #17

Default Another "Grand House":

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
What a grand old house...
Well, if you like "grand old houses", then I am tempeted to post another one, shot just across the steet from the "Autumm-house" - apparently i have entered a "posh" area because it all looked so well-kept, with nice big gardens around...

It had marvellouse shiny roof-tiles (Dutch-tiles, we call them...) in a wonderful red color and the satellite-dish was discreetely hidden inside the small alkove on the second floor, just behind the flowers.

Do you like this house as well?

Quote: "Buying a camera doesn't make you a photographer. - It makes you a camera owner".
Curious about my photography?
You may look up my small portfolio on the Norwegian photo-forum: http://walter_s.foto.no/ - click - "LATEST" on left bottom of page.
You may then click any thumbnail to view the picture and click again on the displayed picture for an unobstructed full screen view. Enjoy!
Old Oct 18, 2009, 6:17 AM   #18

You really have some great looking old homes where you live, a photographers dream. The edits on the first photo are great!
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 6:30 AM   #19

Yes, another nice piece of architecture. Im more interested in the roof on this one. Shiny red tiles, looks more like Chinese than Dutch. As Bob just said, a photographers dream.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 5:08 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Well, if you like "grand old houses", then I am tempeted to post another one, shot just across the steet from the "Autumm-house" - apparently i have entered a "posh" area because it all looked so well-kept, with nice big gardens around...

It had marvellouse shiny roof-tiles (Dutch-tiles, we call them...) in a wonderful red color and the satellite-dish was discreetely hidden inside the small alkove on the second floor, just behind the flowers.

Do you like this house as well?
A lovely house too. Being a North American I find that when I'm in Europe there are so many nice, beautiful old buildings with lot's of character that are not too common over here on our continent.

I recall visiting relatives in Scotland awhile ago...they live in lovely, old houses but which have very modern interiors. I felt they have the best of both worlds..
Les
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote