Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:44 PM   #1

Default Bodmin Moor

Hi Everyone, some feedback on my pics would be great please. twas a nice day near Minions Bodmin Moor Cornwall. lumix compact 28mm
Attached Images

Last edited by condiment; Oct 23, 2009 at 1:46 PM. Reason: too many pics
condiment is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2009, 7:49 PM   #2

Like the composition with the shadows from the trees on the lawn.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:15 PM   #3

Thank you Calicajun Mucho apreciated. wasn't sure if I had moved in to tight or if the rock to the left was a problem. Thank you. regards mark
Old Oct 26, 2009, 5:06 PM   #4

I have 3 objections. First the sky is blown out. Second, the trees are chopped off. And third, those brown weeds sticking up from the bottom. You should have trampled them down so they werent in the pic. As it is they dont do anything for the picture or composition.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2009, 6:26 PM   #5

Thank you. I agree on the ferns in the foreground and the sky but like the crop. Also I should have removed the large boulder to the left as it unbalances the pic i think. Thank's for the input. mark
Old Oct 26, 2009, 9:15 PM   #6

I love the photo.

But, Id rethink tramping the weeds. I would not alter the landscape to get a photo whether is it weeds, rocks, flowers or something more precious. You could easily move the camera to get rid of unwanted items. Once one starts rearranging mother nature, one tempts being destructive.

Garry
GSFinlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2009, 3:41 AM   #7

Hi Garry, Thank you.
Agree totally on " I would not alter the landscape to get a photo" Might get my wife to hold a branch back a bit on occasion but with Pshop etc it sits better with me to remove something later on the computer. I'll have a go at that later.. I was jesting about the Boulder. Glad you like it. Feels great to know that.
Thank you.
regards mark
Old Oct 27, 2009, 3:53 AM   #8
Super Moderator

I think I might have shot a little wider and this screams out for a HDR which I think would look great.

Good to see some local shots to me.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2009, 8:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSFinlay View Post
I love the photo.

But, I’d rethink tramping the weeds. I would not alter the landscape to get a photo – whether is it weeds, rocks, flowers or something more precious. You could easily move the camera to get rid of unwanted items. Once one starts rearranging mother nature, one tempts being destructive.

Garry
This is, to me, a bit of a simplistic view. Have you ever shot in the woods? Do you always stay on the path? While on the path do you carefully watch where you put your feet because with each step you are altering something. I wouldnt go so far as to chop a tree down to get a picture, but removing a weed or moving a branch is not a problem -- for me, or Mother Nature. When I look in the viewfinder thats where I compose the image, and not with Photoshop, despite the rumors. So paying attention to details and moving something to get a pleasing image, which will last far longer than the vegetation underfood, gets my vote. That said, common sense prevails.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:13 AM   #10

Thanks Mark, Ill have to read up on HDR havent a clue at the moment but will try it.
Cheers Binx,
" This is, to me, a bit of a simplistic view. Have you ever shot in the woods? Do you always stay on the path? While on the path do you carefully watch where you put your feet because with each step you are altering something."
Yes always. I have OCD. and BPD It's amazing i get past the front door some days. Liking this picture taking a lot though, it's helping me to get out and about. Cheers Chaps. regards mark