Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 31, 2009, 2:35 AM   #11

No - thats my son-in-law - I put him in charge taking pictures and video because naturally, I didn't have time myself. I'm the one in red overalls + dark-blue jacket and caps, with white beard you see in the opening-sequens.

By the way, Bynx - Thank you for editing my picture! Great - its a completely new picture with lots of colors and makes it look like a painting now. The sky looks great - how did you do that? I mean, without (dis)coloring the tree-trunks as well?

Is there a name for that? Do you have any suggestions of how to learn just that?

I' eager to learn and I really must learn more about pp...

Last edited by Walter_S; Oct 31, 2009 at 2:37 AM. Reason: Editing out spelling errors of the English language - which is NOT my native tongue!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2009, 2:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calicajun View Post
Always wonder where the Elfes lived, now I know.
Why, thank you, Calicajun - what a kind thing to say!

Old Oct 31, 2009, 7:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
By the way, Bynx - Thank you for editing my picture! Great - its a completely new picture with lots of colors and makes it look like a painting now. The sky looks great - how did you do that? I mean, without (dis)coloring the tree-trunks as well?
As I look over what I did and the original I prefer the original. I selected the area which contained sky then using the graduation tool went from dark sky blue to light sky blue and filled set to DARKEN only. Then I went in and erased wherever I felt it needed to bring out what was there already. Only problem was that the trees reflected white light instead of the colored blue which I replaced with. Id be glad to send you any material you need to get you on the road to learning more about Photoshop and post production. Just PM me.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2009, 2:19 AM   #14

Thanks again, Bynx - for your patience as well as for your kind offer to help. I'll try out just what you said and see how far I'll come with it.

Don't know how everybody else learns to conquer Photoshop CS, but for myself I try to look up tutorials on YouTube. But the pain is just to find the right one.

An then of course I have to make the transistion from Elements 7 to CS4 which I installed now. All this takes time, you know....

What I really would like to find is a book of "Photoshop for photographers for Dummies" - these "for Dummies-books" are really great. I learned programming in Windows, with Visual Basic many, many years ago just by studying one of these "for Dummies-books".

Much obliged for your kind offer, Bynx!

Last edited by Walter_S; Nov 1, 2009 at 7:36 AM. Reason: Editing out spelling errors - English not being my mother-tonge, I do have problems sometimes...
Old Nov 1, 2009, 7:14 AM   #15

I have every Dummie book relating to Photoshop and Photography. Let me have a look if there is one for you and I will send you a library card.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2009, 8:58 AM   #16

an interesting shot with and interesting look/feel without hdr it would look wrong but you pulled it off
Old Nov 3, 2009, 2:50 PM   #17

Thank's Simon - I'm rather pleased with it myself - had it not been for the blown sky....
Old Nov 3, 2009, 3:05 PM   #18

i often fail with the skys english weather sucks although when using HDR i somtimes gain a little back in open spaces however there isnt much sky to be seen in this one so it is ok both versions work but i personally like the first.