Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 15, 2009, 10:07 PM   #1

Default Give me some feed back,Please!

I had went back out to the dock and retook some shoots and hey there is one more added but what else can you guess with out looking back?....
Attached Images

SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:23 PM   #2

ah come one 15 have looked at the picture but no one wants to say anything .... whats up people afraid to speak up .... these I live with are impressed let me know what you think! all I have done with this is crop and took out any noise I know some one can say something ..... even a Peep would help!
Old Nov 16, 2009, 12:25 AM   #3

While it is a nice photo, I feel like it could use more fore front. It seems to centered for me. I don't get a sense of how vast the area is by the image. Color wise and sharpness looks good.
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2009, 1:39 AM   #4

Default Here is the

Here is the first one from some weeks ago and because it was a cloudy day but bright I knew it was lacking some blue and here is the same one with more foreground and sky as well un-cropped both.. Be back later need to rearrange my desk and setting my neck can not take this any more... There is something here before I go.... can you see the white house in the back I was in almost the same spot when these were taken and the trick here is that the first one the tide was way down while the second one is the tide is way up so the dock had moved away some from its actual point during the irst shot it shows what a few feet of movement can do in distance!
Attached Images

Last edited by SharpShotGal; Nov 16, 2009 at 1:43 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 3:32 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
ah come one 15 have looked at the picture but no one wants to say anything .... whats up people afraid to speak up .... these I live with are impressed let me know what you think! all I have done with this is crop and took out any noise I know some one can say something ..... even a Peep would help!
You don't need to worry about people not posting when you see that (x) number have viewed as there are many reasons for this and its common to see anywhere between 10 and 100 times more views than posts.

Firstly, we have a vast number of guests viewing our pages, currently at 8.30am UK time (not all that popular for our vast US contingent to be on) there are 5 members and 226 guests. So any pages they view won't be commented on.

Also not everyone feels able to critique or add anything but they like to see what other people are doing. I find myself doing this quite a bit with things like wildlife as this isn't my main area of knowledge.

So it's not personal (most of the time) and it doesn't mean that something is bad etc.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2009, 4:05 AM   #6

I don't take much personally any more than I use to its that I try to get em to post hopefully ... I am a later one sometimes for I don't have to get up till at least 830 or later ... so there are only 3 members and many more over there just view the site is that from the schools or what has there been any kind of statistics done on this or may be its language barrier as well and a lot that don't know just how to change the words so they can read it?... it would be interested in knowing ...
Old Nov 16, 2009, 9:02 AM   #7

Your first picture is a bit overexposed, with detail lacking in the brightest areas, and the sky shading to cyan around the clouds. It also is tilted to the right quite a bit.
Of the three, the last is best as far as color and detail, though I personally prefer the second, as it renders the boat without the blue reflections, and I don't remember the Seattle area as having much blue sky, anyway.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2009, 9:20 AM   #8

Me too, I prefer the second one. The hidden sun reflection, the water metalic texture. I like it.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:45 AM   #9

Thanks, the first one is just a cropped of the last one and other than touching it with noise removal once .. and Seattle does have Blue skies one just has to look for those rare days. As the earth tips more down it will become even more blue and clear... and the one with the blue skies was taken this November and the other was an October shot.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
Me too, I prefer the second one. The hidden sun reflection, the water metalic texture. I like it.
I agree. That image is tons better.
jgredline is offline   Reply With Quote