Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 8, 2009, 3:26 PM   #21

i agree well done definatly a nice little chapel
Old Dec 9, 2009, 4:10 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Yes, thank you for the rememberance - I think I recognice the church-spire - but remember, last time I was there was almost 40 years ago. My "Alzheimer"-eaten brain may play tricks on me....

In my childhood I was visiting Arzl a lot, becaus one of my aunts had a weekend-house there. It was not very far from one of those nice fountains (Dorfbrunnen).

Nice and clean!

You did a good job on the cloning-job. Well done, maggo85!
Thanks Walter, maybe I'll do some shots from the fountains, the church or something else in my village or in Imst some time to remind you of the good ol' days

Cheers for your kind words on my cloning, now I think it's much calmer, there is nothing distracting in the pic anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
Yes - the color is lovely and the clone job first-rate! It's very appealing now.
I appreciate your comment, mtngal - I'm glad you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
i agree well done definatly a nice little chapel
Thank you simple - we got many of them around here (one you see on this pic on the left side between the trees)! Maybe I'll shoot them some time, when the weather gets better
maggo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2009, 2:51 AM   #23

maggo is it possible to include part of the road that curves round the chapel or is the working distance too tight?
Old Dec 12, 2009, 3:09 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
maggo is it possible to include part of the road that curves round the chapel or is the working distance too tight?
First I have to say that the road ends directly at the chapel where the little moped stands. This pic isn't really cropped, so I don't have parts of the streets on this one.

But of course it would be possible to step back a bit and capture some of the road too - would you prefer to see a pic with road, simple? Unfortunately tonight this winter's first snow was falling, so the landscape is all white right now - but maybe it stops snowing sometime so I can go out with my camera and give you the chapel in winter-style
Old Dec 17, 2009, 2:45 PM   #25

Default Brunnen in Arzl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S
Yes, thank you for the rememberance - I think I recognice the church-spire - but remember, last time I was there was almost 40 years ago. My "Alzheimer"-eaten brain may play tricks on me....
In my childhood I was visiting Arzl a lot, because one of my aunts had a weekend-house there. It was not very far from one of those nice fountains (Dorfbrunnen).
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggo85 View Post
Thanks Walter, maybe I'll do some shots from the fountains, the church or something else in my village or in Imst some time to remind you of the good ol' days.
Well, maggo85 - I have finally dug out som old pics from almost 60 years ago (1950) and actually found one from your village - Arzl im Pitztal. This is my big brother (age 6) and (handsome looking...) me (age 2) in front of that village-fountain I was talking about. As far as I remember, my aunt had this week-end hous not far from it.

Do you recognize this fountain? Does it still exist?
Attached Images

Last edited by Walter_S; Dec 17, 2009 at 2:48 PM.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2009, 3:01 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Well, maggo85 - I have finally dug out som old pics from almost 60 years ago (1950) and actually found one from your village - Arzl im Pitztal. This is my big brother (age 6) and (handsome looking...) me (age 2) in front of that village-fountain I was talking about. As far as I remember, my aunt had this week-end hous not far from it.

Do you recognize this fountain? Does it still exist?
Walter, as I told you in my PM, here are two pics of what this place looks like today - unfortunately the fountain isn't there anymore... Maybe you know the house in the second pic, it's just a few meters left of the wooden hat:

Name:  IMG_0389_small.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  210.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0391_small.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  219.1 KB
Old Dec 22, 2009, 3:07 PM   #27

When I shot the above two pictures, I took some photos of the chapel again - now with a bit snow on ground

I've done another three-shot-HDR from the front and the back (-1/0/+1) with Photomatix Pro - here are the two results:

Name:  kapelle_1_hdr_pp_small.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  221.7 KB

Name:  kapelle_2_hdr_pp_small.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  199.2 KB

And of course the two middle-exposures:

Name:  kapelle_1_middle_small.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  195.3 KB

Name:  kapelle_2_middle_small.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  195.6 KB

The main reason I did the HDR was because I wanted to bring out the colors, especially the blue. Maybe you like them, maybe not - if you want to, tell me
Old Dec 22, 2009, 3:38 PM   #28

Hello maggo85!!

This is incredible and most surprising.

This is the weekend-house of my late aunt. I recognized it immediately, even though it is more than 50 years ago I saw it last!! It even has the same green trimmings around the windows and on the door as it had then!

Thank you very, very much, maggo85. This is really an emotional moment for me to see this now after all these years. Also, the beautiful snow-capped montain "Platain" in the background, which is a well know sight to me as well. I also recognize the other mountain, the "Tschirgant" in the first picture. And this is the exact spot where the old fountain used to be, maggo85.

Thank you, I appreciate your pictures.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 3:53 PM   #29

Maggo85!

Your re-take of that litttle chapel on the hill is wonderful! First of all they are great compositions, both of them. The perspective of #2 is breathtaking, with that sweeping form of the supporting wall along the winding road leading ones eyes upwards. With the chapel proudly sitting on top there. And those beautiful mountains in the background, so fresh and clear, as opposed to the single-shots. DPHDR really brings out a lot of details.

You brought out a very nice chapel her. In # 1 you can even see some texture in the shadow-side of that small, black varnished steeple - this is HRD at its best. The composition is spot on!

Well done, maggo85!

Old Dec 23, 2009, 12:51 AM   #30

the one with the road is definatly my cup of tea thanks maggo i wondered how one with the road included would look