Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 18, 2010, 1:23 PM   #21

A large flash unit and bounced flash to reduce shadows is what you need to think about now
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2010, 1:28 PM   #22

hahaha, i spent soo much on the camera it self, another flash unit is out of the question till for quite some time to come. sometimes i wish i just saved my money and bought the d90 instead of the d5000
k-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2010, 1:31 PM   #23

A cheaper camera in the hands of an expert gives better results than an expensive camera in the hands of a novice,....everybody needs to learn

Last edited by musket; Jan 18, 2010 at 2:22 PM.
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2010, 2:51 PM   #24

i agree to that totally, but i meant feature wise where it might save me money in the long run , like - in body focus motor, and wireless command unit for d90
Old Jan 18, 2010, 5:14 PM   #25

But if you were still saving your money you'd be missing out on the learning you are doing now. An in-camera focus motor is only useful if you have lenses that need it. And while wireless flash is certainly useful for some things, you still need an external flash to use it. You can avoid the shadows on the wall by bouncing a hot shoe-mounted flash off of the ceiling, don't really need to use the flash wirelessly in this situation. And you'll be closer to being able to afford it with the D5000 than if you were still saving for the D90...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2010, 5:27 PM   #26
Super Moderator

stick with the d5000. it is a capable kit, and you can work around the focus motor issue with different offerings, i.e. sigma 30mm 1.4 hsm, etc. if you even need it. plus you can put that money towards the aforementioned flash, etc.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2010, 5:38 PM   #27

Who needs auto focus? Especially for landscape photography. I haven't seen an auto focus system that incorporates hyperfocal distance.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by musket View Post
A cheaper camera in the hands of an expert gives better results than an expensive camera in the hands of a novice,....everybody needs to learn
Let me iterate this again. Moderate noise that is only visible at 100 percent will not print. You simply wont see it on your prints. Moreover, programs like those I mentioned can easily deal with moderate noise, and can usually deal with a lot of noise.

Print out an 8x11 of your first shot, and you simply wont see the noise, even without an anti noise program.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2010, 7:13 PM   #29

thanks ALOT guys for ur comments and crtiques, really appreciate it, as a new user, i feel right at home. ya d5000 is an awesome camera, and i have alot to learn. so i shall be sticking with this camera for a long time, thanks for all the help
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:26 PM   #30
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-man View Post
thanks ALOT guys for ur comments and crtiques, really appreciate it, as a new user, i feel right at home. ya d5000 is an awesome camera, and i have alot to learn. so i shall be sticking with this camera for a long time, thanks for all the help
always here for any questions and to make the transition easier.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote