Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:19 AM   #11

Default Ohh, wow!

I really didn'y expect so many positive reactions to this picture. I thought this is going to be another one with a "silent treatment" going into oblivion (page 2) - because I have posted so many such scenes. And I have been accused not to renew myself in my photographic style. Something I am not taking too hard, since I cannot help myself, but shoot what I feel for. And this is my kind of scenery I care and feel for.

Also - this scene is just so common to me that I don't realize I am passing a nice pice of landscape, every day! Your reactions open my eyes.

Anyway - thank you all, guys and gals. For the many kind and friendly comments, non mentioned, non forgot!

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:49 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
If there was a large pink flamingo standing in the corner it would certainly add a bit of interest to your photo...
It most certainly would, Bynx. I would cause a big stir as well - a flamingo in arctic waters! I can see the headlines already!

Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:04 AM   #13

I think it's quite beautiful. I love the red of the shed and the colours of the sky with the still water. It's a very peaceful picture and I think the "darkness" of the water lends to the moodiness it can generate. Awesome!

PS: just having learned my ancestors (some) came from Norway, I certainly like seeing pictures from there.
Shutterbug74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2010, 3:15 PM   #14

Thank you, Shutterbug!
I appreciate your kind comments. It must be your Norwegian genes liking the picture!

:-)
Old Jan 21, 2010, 8:46 PM   #15

The only thing I might have done was used a polarize filter and see what effect that might have had on the water to enhance it a little. I do like thr over all feel of the shot.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote