Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 24, 2010, 7:24 PM   #1

Default 200 Panorama

I matched a few shots from a shoot I did of this church.
Attached Images

Bynx is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2010, 7:57 PM   #2

That is really cool. Have you ever been to Santa Fe and photographed the churches there? Absolutely beautiful.
rlewis0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 7:59 PM   #3

Way too narrow.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
Way too narrow.
Nothing I could do about that. The original file is 31 inches high by 197 inches long at 72 dpi. I just wish I could get rid of that bulging barrel shape in the middle.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:35 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Nothing I could do about that. The original file is 31 inches high by 197 inches long at 72 dpi. I just wish I could get rid of that bulging barrel shape in the middle.
i agree there Bynx, that big bulge of grey right in the center just keeps trapping my eyes. have you tried it as 2 panos, one on each side of the bulge?

also it appears the white balance is a bit different comparing the left and right sides. the right appears cooler to me, which may also be the lighting of the church.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:42 PM   #6

Actually Dustin, I dont have any problems with the WB. The aisle floor is pretty consistent as well as the grey stone walls. The left side was brighter than the right side because the janitor turned all the lights on and there were more around the alter than at the back end. I think it was 6 or 7 pictures that made up the pano. I had my camera on a panorama gyzmo attached to the tripod. Each click gives 30 degrees and has enough overlap to create a pano. But Im not happy with it. So many questions arise. What mm should the lens be set at for optimum lack of distortion? Also the gyzmo doesnt allow for shooting the pano in portrait mode. So I couldnt get any more image than what you see here. When I go back I will be doing it manually.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:04 AM   #7

huh.. what a strange church. Why would they make it curve around like that? The people in the back wont be able to see the front.
JK
Why did you choose to take all the pictures from the same spot instead of moving horizontally?
ewheeler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewheeler20 View Post
huh.. what a strange church. Why would they make it curve around like that? The people in the back wont be able to see the front.
JK
Why did you choose to take all the pictures from the same spot instead of moving horizontally?
I have this little gyzmo that attaches to the tripod and the camera screw onto it. There is a level and you rotate the camera in clicks of the gyzmo. Each click is 30 degrees. I should have walked down the aisle keeping equa distant from the wall and shooting that way. I will do that next time I go back which should be soon. I suppose the gyzmo is ok for 360 panorama shots of landscapes where nothing is close to the camera.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 12:11 AM   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
I have this little gyzmo that attaches to the tripod and the camera screw onto it. There is a level and you rotate the camera in clicks of the gyzmo. Each click is 30 degrees. I should have walked down the aisle keeping equa distant from the wall and shooting that way. I will do that next time I go back which should be soon. I suppose the gyzmo is ok for 360 panorama shots of landscapes where nothing is close to the camera.
yea i think that would help. having things such close distances screws with the perspective.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote