Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jun 23, 2010, 1:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerafix View Post
I'm saying it's a style of photography nobody actually gets in this thread so far, since they keep repeating the same line that actually advertises they don't get it.
I disagree. I think we all know what a minimalistic photo is. We get it, we really do. We (I) just don't like it.

No one has said that it is not minimalistic. No one has said you did anything wrong in terms of the style of photo you were trying to capture (and you did it correctly). Quite obviously it is minimalistic, but i just don't think it conveys a strong enough emotion for the people who have commented on this thread saying "less is more, but not that much less."

This photo just isn't my taste, i will leave it at that. You have posted many beautiful photos on this forum that I have seen though.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 2:19 PM   #12

That's fine with me. There's a canvass with a black square and and off white border which I would say is more "nothing" than the OP photo. That sold for more than any present or future photo on here would, could, or ever will, so apparently nothing is more valuable than anything anybody posted here lol. I'm just kidding of course, there's a lot of great sunset and flower photos here.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 4:21 PM   #13

that's a whole different conversation, lol. People who pay mass amounts of money for "modern art" astounds me. Why anybody would pay anything for that piece of art you described, is beyond me... lol
Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:58 AM   #14

THE kayakers are way too small on this i would have at least considered tripling there size and lose some of the water as you could easily get away with it on this shot keeping the minimalist look........ even if it was in Braille i doubt a blind person would pick the kayakers up as it is at present and there feeling of touch is just as good as my eye sight

Last edited by simple; Jun 24, 2010 at 2:46 PM.
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2010, 3:20 AM   #15

Whats wrong with ants taking a leaf in the water? Damn you were that high to get those small things shame on you you need to be down there too! to get a great shot! Well it was a shot!
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote