Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 20, 2010, 5:38 PM   #11

I was hoping you would drop by and give me some feedback, Dustin. Thanks for it. this scene works well when taken with a longer lens and just the windows with the interior black - adding the ceiling doesn't work and probably why I should just skip this view altogether. It's funny because when you walk into this room, the feeling is awesome - a beautiful building and a beautiful scene through the windows. Its all very big and I've never been able to capture that feeling in a picture.

It doesn't surprise me especially today as I also processed a picture that I took of the ceiling, and didn't like the HDR version. I found that the bits of trees seen in the far window was far more distracting than the totally blown-out windows - same principle. I'll post that one in a separate thread.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2010, 8:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
sorry have been really busy with dissertation, so i haven't been around to comment much. so i may have missed a first version or whatever. and i didnt read all the comments as i am still busy and lacking much time

i just gonna be honest here. this doesn't do much for me, i am having trouble figuring out what i am suppose to be interested in. am i suppose to be interested in the shapes of the window, am i suppose to be looking out the window, hmm the ceiling looks a bit interesting. see what i mean? there is no strong element that says this is a nice picture of ".....x..." and the perspective correction messed up the lights, etc. i would just scrap this one and move on. (sorry to come of blunt)
Right! Technical questions aside, just what is interesting about this shot?

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2010, 8:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Does this help at all. I wanted to see more detail in the great looking ceiling. By lightening the room inside hopefully it will make the view through the window darker looking.
YES...that works for me....
littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 3:00 PM   #14

I happen to really like number 3. Seems to look more dramatic to me.
tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote