Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 21, 2010, 3:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
But, really I don't want to take over this thread, as tony3dd probably needs some input about his photo, and not of the town of Rothenburg. Pity you have deleted the Exif-data of the picture, which would interest me.

- Partly because I have always admired the FZ-30, and the bigger FZ-50 for beeing the two best zooms from Panasonic ever made, some years ago. It was the time that Panasonic-zooms had genuine Leica-glass up front.

- Partly because I myself own a FZ-28 and now have a Panasonic Lumix G1 EVIL. I am a Panny-man with all of my heart, and just love the special Panny-pictures they produce.

Was this a hand-held shot or tripod-shot? Brackets or single-shots? Would you mind in elaborating a bit on the technical details? It would be interesting.

I was braced up against that railing, and a pillar behind me. it was a single shot of two that I snapped. I think the anti shake on the FZ30 is actually better than my K7! I get great results hand held where I would have trouble using my K7. The Leica lens on the FZ30 is top notch for a point and shoot. Not to say I don't love my K7, but I really enjoy the fact of having 35-420mm in one package, and don't have to change lenses.
tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 3:05 PM   #12

I was on an Adventures by Disney tour when I shot this. It was a great time!
Old Feb 21, 2010, 3:09 PM   #13

I'll tell ya, the one thing I really miss about my FZ30, and the only feature my K7 is missing is the 16.9 aspect ratio. It's what makes this shot. Pentax really needs to make it an option. Would be simple to do with a firmware update.

Last edited by tony3dd; Feb 21, 2010 at 3:17 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 3:12 PM   #14

The aspect ratio does add allot to this shot.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 4:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
The aspect ratio does add allot to this shot.
Yes it does. It's not right for all shots, but the option needs to be there. A lot of people fight me on this, and I don't understand why. This would just be another well exposed shot without it.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 4:12 PM   #16

I totally agree, every different aspect ration has it's uses. It may not be right all the time but 16/9 is good for certain situations.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 4:18 PM   #17

Interesting, Tony - do you set the aspect-ratio to 16:9 before you shoot?
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 4:29 PM   #18

on the LX3 you can chose 3 different aspect ratio, so I guess you can do the same of the FZ series.

Last edited by shoturtle; Feb 21, 2010 at 4:31 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 5:52 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Interesting, Tony - do you set the aspect-ratio to 16:9 before you shoot?
Yes, on my FZ30 I set the aspect ratio to 16:9 before I shoot in order to help me better frame the shot. A lot of people would say just crop it, but there are many shots where that would be a very difficult way to get exactly what you want without a little real planning. If the aspect ratio is available then framing it up is a snap. I for one love watching my images on my 58" plasma tv. In 16:9 those images look absolutley stunning. I use apple tv to stream them right out of aperture. I really hope Pentax wakes up and offers 16.9. Especially with today's high tech displays.

Last edited by tony3dd; Feb 21, 2010 at 6:02 PM.