Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:00 AM   #1

Default Germany Lumix FZ30

This was not shot with my K7, but with my Lumix FZ30. Just wanted to share. I always amazed at what I can get with this P/S camera. The original reveals more detail.
Attached Images

Last edited by tony3dd; Feb 21, 2010 at 12:12 AM.
tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:51 AM   #2

Very nice shot. Where was this taken in Germany?
Old Feb 21, 2010, 8:34 AM   #3

Looks like Rothenburg ob der Tauber to me....?

Great shot, BTW - these Panasonic cameras never cease to surprise me with acceptable IQ.
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 9:29 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post

Great shot, BTW - these Panasonic cameras never cease to surprise me with acceptable IQ.
Yes, this was shot in Rothenburg.
tony3dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:42 PM   #5

Lovely shot! Almost looks like a doll town or something taken directly out of a Grimm story.

I get a nice and neat feeling when I looke at this picture.
Alasdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 1:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post

Walter,

I am impress about your id'ing the town.

I am very impress with panny also. An friend of mine is looking to go cross country on a motorcycle. And asked what would be a great point and shoot for light packing. Told them to look at the panny's zs3. They are very good.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 1:11 PM   #7

A neat shot!

What's interesting is that the building leans. When I first looked at it, I thought the camera wasn't straight but that's not true - the other buildings are straight and the vertical lines of the windows on the first floor are vertical. You can see how the line of the second floor isn't level - there's less distance from the top of the lower windows to the bottom of the floor on the left side of the building. I wonder what the floors are like inside?

The color and exposure does give me a nice feeling.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2010, 2:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alasdair View Post
... or something taken directly out of a Grimm story.
You are not far off there, Al - it's the best preserved medival town in all of Germany, perhaps all of Europe. It's like walking in medival times there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Walter,

I am impress about your id'ing the town....

Not really, I have been there and having seen this - you never forget!

Its so beautiful and authentic (well, what do we know...) and it's crowded with tourists. You have to park your car outside the town-walls and walk into the centre - actually, tony3dd's picture shows one of the main-gates (the gate underneath the clock-tower on the left) kalled the Siebers-port (or gate) through which one enters the town.

Down on the right, passing this crooket house of mtngal, is another one of the entrance-gates, I think it's called the Kobolzeller-gate or something like it. There is this complete high town-wall circling the whole town. really something to se!

Anyway shoturtle, the next time you are in Europe and have a week or so to spend, do as I did together with my wife, and drive the socalled "Romantische Strasse" (Romantic road) from Würzburg in the north all the way down to Füssen in the south (on the Austrian Border). Along this route you may study the most beautifully kept old, medival towns and castles in all of Germany.

If you are in Rothenburg and need a place to spend the night, don't do it in Rothenburg (far too expensive and you have to book in advance) but drive to the neighbouring town called Weikersheim (which is almost equaly old and well kept) or Dinkelsbühl and you'll find plenty of affordable and authentic places to spend the night.

Last edited by Walter_S; Feb 21, 2010 at 2:34 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 2:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngal View Post
...You can see how the line of the second floor isn't level - there's less distance from the top of the lower windows to the bottom of the floor on the left side of the building....
Not very surprising, if you think about it. The house was probably buildt around 1400 or so.... ...that's roughly some 600 years ago....
Old Feb 21, 2010, 2:27 PM   #10

Default Sorry Tony!!

But, really I don't want to take over this thread, as tony3dd probably needs some input about his photo, and not of the town of Rothenburg. Pity you have deleted the Exif-data of the picture, which would interest me.

- Partly because I have always admired the FZ-30, and the bigger FZ-50 for beeing the two best zooms from Panasonic ever made, some years ago. It was the time that Panasonic-zooms had genuine Leica-glass up front.

- Partly because I myself own a FZ-28 and now have a Panasonic Lumix G1 EVIL. I am a Panny-man with all of my heart, and just love the special Panny-pictures they produce.

Was this a hand-held shot or tripod-shot? Brackets or single-shots? Would you mind in elaborating a bit on the technical details? It would be interesting.