Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 18, 2010, 1:49 AM   #21

I think one reason that the second picture doesn't really work is that it's the same picture I take every time I go anywhere. There's always a park with a winding path and I always to the same thing you did. Find the bend, take a few shots at eye level and hope that I'll like it. In the end, they all look the same and I don't do much with them. I can't tell where I took them and they don't bring anything new to the table. I suspect that's why you processed it so much - trying to find something new in it.

I actually like the original copy of the first shot. The lighting on the curve of the path is nice, there's more texture on the walls. If there were a few other similar shots they may make a nice grouping on a wall, even if the single shot doesn't pop.

Kevin
KevinLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:53 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLF View Post
I think one reason that the second picture doesn't really work is that it's the same picture I take every time I go anywhere. There's always a park with a winding path and I always to the same thing you did. Find the bend, take a few shots at eye level and hope that I'll like it. In the end, they all look the same and I don't do much with them. I can't tell where I took them and they don't bring anything new to the table. I suspect that's why you processed it so much - trying to find something new in it.

I actually like the original copy of the first shot. The lighting on the curve of the path is nice, there's more texture on the walls. If there were a few other similar shots they may make a nice grouping on a wall, even if the single shot doesn't pop.

Kevin
I suppose so.

Unfortunately both those pictures were taken on a trip to Tennessee this summer, and I live in Chicago, so I don't go there too often.