Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:18 PM   #21

Word!
Shutterbug74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 8:35 AM   #22

I like how after this was brought back up the pictures that they picked started to get better
pbjunkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 9:09 AM   #23

I'm just a rookie here but I love looking at what shots others have entered. Looking at what others have done can be an inspiration for me. Did my first OOB picture because of a post here. Learned to edit out power lines because of help I received here.
Don't know if it's possible but sure wouldn't mind looking at all the daily entries to the contest.
Mike
Old Mar 5, 2010, 9:43 AM   #24

The internet has countless examples of photography. Anything you can think of and a whole lot more. As has been noted, some of the POTD shots are incredible, others mediocre. The best is when you can get your pic as POTD. To do that just gotta keep shooting.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 2:48 PM   #25

Mine was selected and I have to admit I was thrilled too see it on the website as it was posted on my Daughter's Birthday to boot...so we both got surprises. And yep...I took pictures of the computer screen of the "home page", etc as a momento...I know....totally dorky :P

My photo by far wasn't the best photo ever posted on POTD and I'll be the first to admit (it probably was mediocre by many standards), I sent it in as a shot in the dark not really expecting anything and was totally caught off guard that it was posted....and honoured.

I know there were better examples of my subject (the fireworks shot) and maybe some would say mine wasn't deserving to be up there but as I said, I was honoured and thrilled too see it.

I think, in my humble opinion, what they were/are trying to do is show photos of various cameras from P&S to DSLR as well as different subject matter that isn't routine and the same type of shots day in day out. Some hit the mark other's aren't quite there, perhaps, but still not bad. I haven't seen anything I thought was truly god awful....yet. And I'm glad they don't just post DSLR photos which do and always will primarly have an edge.

On another matter, I'd have to say that many of the photos I've seen posted in this Photo forum are truly outstanding and often far superior to the POTD (Spy/Bynx/Hards80 to name just a few regular ppl).

Just my 2 cents.....

Last edited by Shutterbug74; Mar 5, 2010 at 2:51 PM.
Shutterbug74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 3:03 PM   #26

Well since my name is included in that illustrious list I feel as honored as if my pic is POTD. Thanks Shutterbug.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote