Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Feb 28, 2010, 7:45 PM   #11

Oh my! Your original is impossible. Try bracketing exposures, changing ISOs and shutter speeds, etc. and may be go HDR.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 7:56 PM   #12

I didn't have much to start with but the experience has taught me a little more about my new camera and its settings. Also learning how to correct problems with shots. I'm hoping the more I learn about taking good pictures the less I'll need to edit. At the same time this editing is all new to me since I've left my Cannon AE1and 35mm film.
MACKPUDGIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 9:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACKPUDGIES View Post
I'm hoping the more I learn about taking good pictures the less I'll need to edit.
The better photographer I become, the more I explore ways of editing them. Not everyone looks for new ways to go about photography, but I'm always interested in all aspects - both in-camera and with post processing. And the more I learn about photoshop, the more there is to learn - keeps it all really fun and interesting, a lifetime's worth of exploration is out there.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:50 PM   #14

Well, I had to give it a shot..I did so many things I can't remember everything I did... I know I did a levels adjustment, then desaturated the yellow channel (I think), but tweaked all of them some..Then desaturated the whole scene and added 0.4 unsharp mask, in case it looks oversharpened. I'm really fairly new to all this photoshop stuff, and learn new tricks all the time, just hanging out on the different forums here..Not sure if this is an improvement or not..

Robert
Attached Images

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2010, 5:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACKPUDGIES View Post
I didn't have much to start with but the experience has taught me a little more about my new camera and its settings. Also learning how to correct problems with shots. I'm hoping the more I learn about taking good pictures the less I'll need to edit. At the same time this editing is all new to me since I've left my Cannon AE1and 35mm film.
HDR might be a solution to this. You could also try focusing ON the light, and while keep your button half depressed move the camera to the tree. This will be a delicate operation which you might have to repeat a few times to get it right.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote