Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 5, 2010, 6:52 PM   #11

see, cand da a picture, nor texture, because at 2 colors (red and blue or red and black) it is 80 cents a sticker if i orfer 100

so i have no clue how much ordering 100 with a texture and a picture would be :/
pbjunkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 7:03 PM   #12

The price is for printing two colors. It shouldnt matter what the 2 colors say or look like. So a photo or texture has no bearing. I imagine you would give them your Photoshop file. The only thing that might make a difference is if the background was printed a color and there was bleed involved. Thats when color runs off the edges so it must be printed on slightly larger paper to allow for trimming. This is old school and referred to printing ink. Nowadays with laser copiers they might be able to print to the edge with no difficulty. Not sure about that.
Why not go to a stationery store and buy boxes of avery labels the size you need and print your own. I think 80 cents for a two color label is a bit steep.

Last edited by Bynx; Mar 5, 2010 at 7:06 PM.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 7:12 PM   #13

its vinyl, so avery stickers have nothing on these, they are gong to be put on paintball hoppers, bottom of skateboards, skate helmets and what not, so they kind of need to be able to take a beating.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 7:22 PM   #14

Ok vinyl is a whole different kettle of fish. Are they asking you to supply vector art?
Old Mar 5, 2010, 7:25 PM   #15

nope, as long as it looks good at 100% with it at 2x6 at 600 dpi, so im good, but i have them all as vectors in CS4.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 3:50 AM   #16

I'd get rid of the camera and choose something that's relevant to sports or automobiles - your audience. Sell to what interests them, not what interests you.

Red is better but the layout is too jumbled. I'd also keep the design further from the edge so when the stickers start to peel and/or get damaged you don't lose anything important (especially the contact details) from them.

Also, ditch the email address and get a web address where you can showcase your work. You can put an email link from there.

Last edited by MartinSykes; Mar 6, 2010 at 3:53 AM.
MartinSykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2010, 7:26 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjunkiee View Post
see, cand da a picture...
I always hesitate to post anything in pbjunkiee's thread - or answer to any post he may type in my own threads - because I never know what he really is talking about! I am always wondering if he speaks / types English or if he is just plain stubborn to write in 'code' so only a handful of people understand what he means...? This?

Really, I am trying hard but I just cannot understand the meaning of "see, canda a picture..." Do you?

And I always thought that a bulletin board is an online discussion site where good communication is important to exchange ideas for the good of everybody. How wrong I was...
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:51 AM   #18

Don't get mad. Its a new slang Walter. We should begin a pbjunkiee's Glossary:

win: a nice picture, well framed and perfectly exposed. I like the pp also.
this: a good demonstration of what you are saying. Totally agree with you.
cand da: God knows...

I quickly adopted the young slang with the hope of contacting some beautiful young chicks, but nothing happened yet. I'll keep you informed. Have a nice day. Win this!
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:57 AM   #19

Kids wear ball caps on their heads like Gomer the Goof, their pants down below their ass. Still cant figure out how they keep them from hitting the ground. And they are completely illiterate. I dont think they deserve the world after we leave. I think we should take it with us.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 9:17 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
...I'll keep you informed. Have a nice day. Win this!
See cand da!

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote