Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:30 PM   #31

Default A story about growing up in Bensonhoist... :)

When I was a kid, playing in the street, there was an "older" guy of about 40 who lived across the street. He complained about the noise we kids were making. As I grew older, he grew angrier and angrier. I remember coming back to visit my family one day when I was about forty, and there was the same guy, now about 70. And there he was yelling at some ten year olds, and I remember his exact words...

"Don't you f-ing kids ever learn? Didn't I tell you nice, not to make so much damn noise." And indeed he did, and didn't he know that it wasn't the same kids?

This thread is full of remarks I heard from the "adults" who I grew up around. Didn't they remember they were once kids?

I sure don't! Let's beat the crap out of ALL of them, and Once and For All, teach the little _____ a lesson they'll NEVER forget!

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 12:56 AM   #32

Thank the good lord I did not grow up around any old men being like that... It was a few kids that either got sent off to some boarding school through the church they belonged with or they actually grew up and became more respectful of others.
Remembering I was more the type that loved to go visit the older folks when ever I went to see my grand parents or great grand parents.. I was Family Orientated for sure.
One time I went for a short walk with mommas OK. Momma knew I should not be long but I took longer than she thought I should for she came looking for me.

I just went three doors down and through the alley while there I encountered the folks at the corner church all out on a nice evening talking so I too stopped in to talk I was about 7 or 8. Momma found me and boy did I get a stern talking too later about talking to strangers.

To me they were not strangers they were more older folks. I and momma would go around visiting others when we went to Grandview, WA to see her father and we would always stop in across the street down on the corner to talk with this older lady I loved dearly, that became a treat to go see her. but then to be scolded about talking with any other wow what a change of heart.

I was showing the respect to as our teachers were teaching from school, church and our parents... that's life folks do unto others what you wish to be done unto you and remember there is always eyes looking that you may not know that are looking .

I think a lot of people were affected when they promoted the vices of War in California at Berkley and other places and that were televised across the country.... or when Kennedy was shot and killed in public the eye. Any thing of the kind will affect all types of persons abilities to do good unto others. Now we know why the courts have problems with not just others that they are placing on trial but their own selves.... Freedom has her costs....

Last edited by SharpShotGal; Mar 7, 2010 at 1:01 AM.
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 1:02 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
SharpShotGal, Ive read your last two posts here, twice. I wish I could get my head around your language. You use english words, but in a rambling way that is foreign to me. You may as well be typing Mongolese.

BYNX I am so sorry for that affect that my Lang here has on you!
Old Mar 7, 2010, 1:12 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
BYNX I am so sorry for that affect that my Lang here has on you!
Not nearly as much as me. I dont like to read the same thing more than once. I dont have much time left. Between double reading your posts and the time the doctor keeps me waiting, I dont have much time left at all.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 1:23 AM   #35

Bynx, I did not know you had problems! Tell what it is that ails you and I will try to keep my self from making your life more vital.... I really am a sweet loving creature till some one rubs me the wrong way!
Old Mar 7, 2010, 6:19 AM   #36

SharpshotGal, one thing Im not known for is rubbing a girl the wrong way. The story of my life. As for you being a sweet loving creature, well thats how I feel about most women, until they rub me the wrong way.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 5:50 PM   #37

Pun intended?
pbjunkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2010, 6:15 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjunkiee View Post
Pun intended?
Im Bynx, what do you think?
Old Mar 7, 2010, 6:20 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Im Bynx, what do you think?
That...
(Whoops, I meant to say, "This." )

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2010, 10:41 AM   #40

Well leave it to the men to dig deeper in to the depth of thought when they were mere words....