Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:00 AM   #1

Default My Photograph

So since I'm still new to photography, I wanted to get feed back on this picture I shot today. I think I know what is wrong with it, but I want to see first If I'm right by getting other feed back first.
FYI - There also hasn't been any type of post processing except sizing.

Thanks,

Hector
Attached Images

StyleXP90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:19 AM   #2

What's the main subject. There is a focusing problem starting with the corner of the building. Whatever the main subject is the composition is not right and its boring.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:30 AM   #3

all i could manage.

pbjunkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2010, 3:05 AM   #4

pbjunkie, unless what you did was a huge alteration, please be more specific on what you say. ....... 'all i could manage' tells me nothing, except you were too lazy to hit the shift key because when referring to yourself I is always capitalized, and wastes my time flipping back and forth between the images to see exactly what it was that you 'could manage'. We made a joke about it before, but seriously guy spend more time on the books and learning your ABC's to help make yourself better understood. I will apologize for what Ive said here if you tell me you live in a cave someplace. But this is the 21st century and you should still strive to speak and type so you can be understood. What you say here for most part is hardly more than a grunt.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 3:15 AM   #5

sharpend the tree
guassiend blured everything else
levels
shadows/ hilights
brightness/contrast
hue
saturation
Old Mar 6, 2010, 3:42 AM   #6

Thank you for being more clear. It wasnt what you did that I was in the need to know. Its just that there wasnt any improvement in the photo so some explanation should have been given. That didnt hurt did it? Unfortunately on my monitor the original is still better. You being in Florida, why are you up at 4:45 am?

Last edited by Bynx; Mar 6, 2010 at 3:45 AM.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 2:16 PM   #7

Wow, that bad huh?
StyleXP90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2010, 2:39 PM   #8

Hey Hector. Try to simplify the composition and get the pick on focus. Step by step.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2010, 4:41 PM   #9

Im a college student on spring break, 20 minuets from Panama City, I am warming my sleep schedule up for the upcoming week

I jost got my 50mm 1.8 in, there will be many portaits to be had this week, that would get me banned off this site if I posted them...

But Hector it is a nice try, but you need to have a defined subject, without one, the picture looses its sense of being art, and it is just an image.

but as I said, I like the idea around it, just needs some work and you'lll be cooking with fire.

Jeff
Old Mar 6, 2010, 4:54 PM   #10

Hector, what did you think was wrong with it? There is nothing that jumps out at me or draws me in about the picture. I keep looking at the tree thinking I am missing something but it looks like a regular tree. I tried cropping off the left side but not sure it really helped all that much. Not sure if this is a place you could go back to but maybe taking 3 big steps to the left and framing the tree on the left with the wall on the right. Maybe that window(?) would add something to it as well.
2morrow is offline   Reply With Quote