Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
...Or rather where has it come from?
Chato made me do it!
Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 7:55 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_S View Post
Chato made me do it!
The thing is Walter, is that I never examined my reactions until your recent post. My thinking had no analysis in it. Your post was indeed and literally, "Food for thought." I am amazed now that I've thought it over.

"Church, Spiritual, Good, me no like remakes - They no spiritual"

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 8:14 AM   #23

Spiritual or not, if that ruin was in North America, it would be torn down to make room for a donut shop/gas station. And the people behind the counter would be dressed in green with red striped socks and pointy ears.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:47 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Spiritual or not, if that ruin was in North America, it would be torn down to make room for a donut shop/gas station. And the people behind the counter would be dressed in green with red striped socks and pointy ears.
This is true, and it would be haralded as improving the neighborhood. Maybe one of those new two story McDonalds...

Dave
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:56 AM   #25

Besides the the original vs HDR there is one more improvement that could of been done when Keven shot this scene. That is the window. To bright with no detail. Could have taken a spot reading and exposed for the window only. Then combine the two photos through a masking layer or cutting and pasting. Just food for thought...
Ancientritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 12:03 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancientritual View Post
Besides the the original vs HDR there is one more improvement that could of been done when Keven shot this scene. That is the window. To bright with no detail. Could have taken a spot reading and exposed for the window only. Then combine the two photos through a masking layer or cutting and pasting. Just food for thought...
I think the window works as is. It seems to be an integral part of the light. I didn't notice the window until you just pointed it out (bad Dave, bad Dave). Technically you're right, but I think it would unfavorably impact on the stream of light. It's a rule of thumb which this image successfuly ignores.

Dave
Old Mar 23, 2010, 5:04 PM   #27
Super Moderator

interesting thread. i rather enjoyed reading Walter's commentary and then the reactions following. One of the better reads I have had in a thread lately.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:34 AM   #28

At the risk of attempting to be profound in an over the top way:

Everyone sees different things in a photo and a forum and digital format such as this have the bonus of allowing different visions to be presented.

(Disclaimer - I am not claiming in any way to approach the skill and vision of Van Gogh nor Warhol in the following statement.)

Different visions and quite different presentations of the same scene are regularly done be single artists - Warhol with his 4 silkscreens of the same image in different colours, Van Gogh painted multiple versions of Sunflowers, The Postmaster (I think it was the postmaster- too lazy to google) in the same pose with different backgrounds, etc.

One sees/highlights spirituality, another architecture, another detail - all are legitimate presentations and I appreciate the broadening of my horizon.

Kevin
KevinLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 6:07 AM   #29

This is my final take on this place.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 6:17 AM   #30

Default Lol :o}

Walter_S is offline   Reply With Quote