Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:41 AM   #11

Processing question - Did you process different areas of the picture on different colour channels or did the original have the distinct areas already?
Kevin
KevinLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 3:15 AM   #12

The setting was a WB nightmare. The sun was directly in the path of this huge stained glass window which was behind me. Reading a grey card and setting the custom WB was useless since this light dominated the position that I was in. You can see the various effects of the sun and stained glass window in the photo. On top of that every light in the church was turned on. The JPEGS were not bad considering the various light sources. All I did was play around with the color temps and channels to achieve the final result...
Ancientritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 6:35 AM   #13

Bynx worked on the church photo and did a splendid job. Thanks. This last photo is another church scene and a big problem child. I wish that I could of pulled this off, but the lighting situation was beyond my control. The light on the left side was not turned on plus the lighting in the background was a nightmare creating an uneven pattern. One of those spotlights must have been a 3 million powered torch. From the normal exposure to retaining detail caused by the stupid light was to much. If I took my time with it the detail would be there, but not the light path. This photo really makes me mad because all the elements were there.
Attached Images

Ancientritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 7:07 AM   #14

I think the idea is to capture detail in all the visible light. If some spots are brighter than others thats ok. I like the looks of this just fine. Its kind of small considering how much tiny details there are to see. Someone started a website for HDR contests. tophdr.com Enter your two and see what other people think. The contest at the moment is Churches.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote