Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Closed Thread

Old Apr 5, 2010, 8:49 PM   #1

Default A couple of close up pics for your cc

Removed by Mod

Last edited by Mark1616; Apr 8, 2010 at 4:46 AM. Reason: Abusive comment when not liking the critique.
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2010, 9:08 PM   #2

Default 57 views?????

57views and no comments come on people if we are good enough to post our pictures for you to look at, the least you can do is say thanks......
Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:23 AM   #3

If you're gonna post these types of close-up/macro shots they'd better be tack sharp...as we're used to seeing that. So, first, you need a tripod and probably a timer or remote shutter release. Second, the background in the 1st shot is distracting. I'd crop out the bottom third of the shot. On the second shot I'm not sure what your subject is...the flower or the bee. In either case you need more sharpness.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:39 AM   #4

Yes. Lack of sharpness in both picks. I also find weird the water mark message Justice for the 96.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 6:54 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by orilliaman View Post
57views and no comments come on people if we are good enough to post our pictures for you to look at, the least you can do is say thanks......
Please don't forget that we have both members and non members, that latter who can't comment, but who will trigger a page view..... there are vastly more visitors here so most views are by them.... some are not even humans

Also, people are not likely to say thanks in the critique section and only people who feel able are going to post a note as has now been done. I also find a lot of members are not keen to give constructive criticism, especially to be the first to do so, so when posting photos that are not of an overly high standard people might not be brave enough to jump in.

Anyway, these are the potential reasons for 57 views and no replies.

Now with the photos I would agree with what has been said, there isn't enough sharpness in either and the first has a distracting background.

What kit are you using as this might help give pointers for things to try next time?

One good thing about here, there is always someone else's work to get ideas from. Take a look at this thread for some pretty good flower shots http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ol...ity-today.html

I've just realised, did you size your photos to less than 249kb and smaller than 1024 pixels, this could account for some softness, as if not the software on the board will reduce them for you, and the algorithms used are not great?

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 9:42 PM   #6

Default Thank you

Well ateast I got a comment....But for you to expect tack sharp images assumes we where all born with a camera in our hands and that we are all experts hmmm would be nice ...oh well one day maybe i will be as clever as you!!!!!! but until hell freezes over or I become a braindead cretin I will keep learning....Thank you and goodnite..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter C View Post
If you're gonna post these types of close-up/macro shots they'd better be tack sharp...as we're used to seeing that. So, first, you need a tripod and probably a timer or remote shutter release. Second, the background in the 1st shot is distracting. I'd crop out the bottom third of the shot. On the second shot I'm not sure what your subject is...the flower or the bee. In either case you need more sharpness.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by orilliaman View Post
Well ateast I got a comment....But for you to expect tack sharp images assumes we where all born with a camera in our hands and that we are all experts hmmm would be nice ...oh well one day maybe i will be as clever as you!!!!!! but until hell freezes over or I become a braindead cretin I will keep learning....Thank you and goodnite..
You dont have to be born with a camera in your hands or be an expert to take a picture which is in focus. Unless you are Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles or Elvis Presley (all who would have trouble presenting a picture in focus now) there is really no excuse for out of focus problems. Before you ask others what they think, ask yourself first and answer your own question. If you like your photo then seek others opinion as well. And snarky replies to a comment on your photo is not necessary. It was a legitimate statement.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:11 PM   #8
Super Moderator

i am guesing you don't want to hear what i have to say about the photo then.

when you react to comments like you did to walter, don't expect any more constructive feedback.

this post shows exactly how NOT to use this forum.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:38 AM   #9

if you ask for critique you will get both the good and the bad this way you will learn , i for one am a noob but like to learn...... for instance hey your image is not sharp ... so i would reply how would i fix that? Answer : use a tripod or if not possible try resting on something or even vr lenses or try this simple fix that may help use a program like infranview when resizing/resampling select add sharpness this way it will add a little sharpness it may not be perfect but it may help.... ... flaming at bad critique learns zilch.

get infranview here its free http://www.irfanview.com/

right click on your image select open with infranview so it looks like this

then goto the tool bar and select image followed by resize resample

then when the new window appears select the disired size tab and check the add sharpness followed by ok

finally hit the save tab on the new window and select the format like jpeg etc... now your image will be resized and have a little more sharpness

if you dont like getting negative feedback then i would not post in this section, i know negative views may not seem nice to some people but in the long term it does help if you read and take some comments in and learn from others . i personally like every single photo i post to be critiqued in any section as the learning curve is great

Last edited by simple; Apr 8, 2010 at 1:44 AM.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:32 PM   #10
Banned

Default Feed Back

I do not mind feed back or critisism thats how we all learn, but the comment from Walter C. really bugged me he said my pics had better be tack sharp as that was what you are used to,well if they where tack sharp and perfect why the hell would i put them in the photo critique section in the first place.
Anyway you people really are concieted are'nt you....you think you can keep me off here ha ha think again....you may be good at photography and i use the word may very lightly but when it comes to computers and the internet i am the expert i could close this forum and all its content down in a flash so don't make me angry you won't like me when i am angry. And well to be honest if it was not for software like photoshop must of your pictures would be garbage,it would be interesting to see what they look like without the make-up.
By for now.....I will be back....orilliaman...

Closed Thread