Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Photo Critiques (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques-83/)
-   -   Into the Blue (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/photo-critiques/168809-into-blue.html)

Hards80 Apr 7, 2010 10:16 PM

Into the Blue

In the blue hour before full night on Lake Erie.

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/a...rds80/Blue.jpg

Ancientritual Apr 7, 2010 11:37 PM

Now this is when art and photography meet and become one in my opinion. This photograph has mood, DOF, composition, and a very nice glow to it. An excellent image and one that you should be very proud of...

Bynx Apr 7, 2010 11:54 PM

Excellent processing on this one. A bit abstract and colors great. I like that horizon line.

simple Apr 8, 2010 12:27 AM

extremely nice

Mark1616 Apr 8, 2010 5:15 AM

Dustin, I'm so glad that your PhD are complete and you've moved house as now we are getting to see what we've missed for a long time..... that is you getting out and shooting landscapes (you've probably missed it as well, but I'm not so worried about that LOL).

Great shot, not much else to say really, it speaks for itself!!

boBBrennan Apr 8, 2010 7:34 AM

...everything Mark said! I am really glad to see you making photos and showing them again.
____
boBB

Walter_S Apr 8, 2010 7:57 AM

This really rocks - and does it for me!

Magnificent direction, perspective and vanishing point - all in one. One is entering a 'dream-world' with an almost 3-dimensional feeling, urging you to fly off into this direction.....:oogle:

No, I'm not on drugs (never was - never will be) but this must be what it's like....?

Great one, Dustin!
:)

Mark1616 Apr 8, 2010 8:25 AM

I will add we are very fortunate to have great landscape photogs such as Walter, Spy (Kevin) and you Dustin..... added to this that you are all happy to chip in and advise others, share your work etc, it's good to be at Steve's!!!

Hards80 Apr 8, 2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancientritual (Post 1076322)
Now this is when art and photography meet and become one in my opinion. This photograph has mood, DOF, composition, and a very nice glow to it. An excellent image and one that you should be very proud of...

Ancient, yes i was actually very pleased with this image. and calling it art is about as good of compliment as i could hope to get. this is really the type of shooting that gets me the most excited.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynx (Post 1076336)
Excellent processing on this one. A bit abstract and colors great. I like that horizon line.

thank you bynx. the funny thing is, there is really rather little processing that went into this one. it was really a beatuiful blue hour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by simple (Post 1076350)
extremely nice

thank you for your kind words :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark1616 (Post 1076392)
Dustin, I'm so glad that your PhD are complete and you've moved house as now we are getting to see what we've missed for a long time..... that is you getting out and shooting landscapes (you've probably missed it as well, but I'm not so worried about that LOL).

Great shot, not much else to say really, it speaks for itself!!

thank you Mark, as you know more than anyone i have been looking forward to these kind of shoots. having some nice landscapes around me really has my photographic blood pumping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boBBrennan (Post 1076455)
...everything Mark said! I am really glad to see you making photos and showing them again.
____
boBB

thank you bob. i am really glad to have the time to shoot again, and a new location to pique my interests again. more to come! (as soon as it stops raining!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walter_S (Post 1076463)
Magnificent direction, perspective and vanishing point - all in one. One is entering a 'dream-world' with an almost 3-dimensional feeling, urging you to fly off into this direction.....:oogle:

No, I'm not on drugs (never was - never will be) but this must be what it's like....?

Great one, Dustin!
:)

Walter, I have been happily watching your views of water landscapes for a while now, and enjoying every single one of them. It is very nice to be in an area with water for me to shoot and landscapes that interest me. This shoot was one of the most fun ones i have had in a long time. Glad that you enjoyed the results as well.

Again thank you all, I was pleased with the results, and glad you all concurred. This is one I may actually print out nice and big for my new place.

Wingman Apr 8, 2010 11:34 AM

I echo all the comments above...ncie work. Have you tried a composition with the line of rocks to the left of center? The color rendition is beautiful!