Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:40 PM   #1

Default Playing with lights and editing. Part 1.

Since I donīt got much answers in the "Family" section, I try here since I would really like to hear what you think of this photos. The text below is the same as my "Family" section thread. It will be a 5 part thread since I canīt post several pics in one thread.

Well, my son and I had a little photosession yesterday. I donīt know much about shooting people portraits, or editing, and I donīt have an external flash or any good lightning for photo, so we decided to play around a little with a cheap lamp made for car mecanics and such. We tried different options with it, and then I decided to go berserk in Photoshop afterwards. Take this pictures with a pinch of salt. We just had some fun.
But I would like to know what you think of them. Are there any keepers or is it just for me to throw them away?

I would also like to know if the last two pics is what they call "High key" pics?
Best regards/Daniel

DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:41 PM   #2

Default Playing with light and editing. Part 2.

Since I donīt got much answers in the "Family" section, I try here since I would really like to hear what you think of this photos. The text below is the same as my "Family" section thread. It will be a 5 part thread since I canīt post several pics in one thread.

Well, my son and I had a little photosession yesterday. I donīt know much about shooting people portraits, or editing, and I donīt have an external flash or any good lightning for photo, so we decided to play around a little with a cheap lamp made for car mecanics and such. We tried different options with it, and then I decided to go berserk in Photoshop afterwards. Take this pictures with a pinch of salt. We just had some fun.
But I would like to know what you think of them. Are there any keepers or is it just for me to throw them away?

I would also like to know if the last two pics is what they call "High key" pics?
Best regards/Daniel

Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:42 PM   #3

Default Playing with lights and editing. Part 3.

Best regards/Daniel

Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:43 PM   #4

Default Playing with lights and editing. Part 4.

Best regards/Daniel

Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:44 PM   #5

Default Playing with light and editing. Part 5.

Best regards/Daniel

Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:57 PM   #6
Super Moderator

I merged your threads for you.

You did the right thing in posting a different thread like we ask in the guidelines. however, this is a special situation, where me and Mark1616 consulted and figured you would get better feedback by having them merged since comparisons could be useful here.

So consider this a special circumstance.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post

You did the right thing in posting a different thread like we ask in the guidelines. however, this is a special situation, where me and Mark1616 consulted and figured you would get better feedback by having them merged since comparisons could be useful here.

Thanks!
Didnīt no you could do that;-)

Well thank you anyway.

Best regards/Daniel
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:15 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post

Don't drag me into this, I said I was going to sleep and you could do the merging LOL.

Oh, yeah, I'm writing in my sleep, hmmmm couldn't have done anything......... oops.

As for anything constructive, this is an interesting experiment with light and shadow, Blair Witch Project style for sure but they don't do anything for me.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:30 PM   #9

Thanks Mark!

Well, I havenīt decided for my self if I like them. They are kind of cool concidering the circumstance. But itīs maybe not so serious;-)
Or, at first it was a serious test. But then I freaked out with the editing;-)
That was why I first posted them in the Family section. Unfortenately I didnīt get that much answers there.

Thanks for your reply anyway. Any criticism is good. Thats how you learn:-)

Best regards/Daniel
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:14 PM   #10

Im in agreement with Mark. What you have shown is just not my cup of tea. Its nice to experiment. Perhaps you should have shown more variety than using the same style with different pictures. Would you consider any one of them a wall hanger?
Bynx is online now   Reply With Quote