Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 30, 2010, 3:07 PM   #11

Default Mia and Jelly Fish up close!

Curiosity...Amazement...Excitement... All in one!

Additional note:
I know the picture is noisy. Please pass all other C&C you think of this picture too. Do you know if there is a way, I could have gotten slightly better result with ZS3. I know the camera is not ideal for this type of light setting but if there is any other trick, I am all ears to listen!
Attached Images

Last edited by TwiceBlessed; May 30, 2010 at 4:03 PM.
TwiceBlessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2010, 3:10 PM   #12

Default Mia and Andrew searching for the big fish...

Mia and Andrew waiting for the big fish to show up.
Attached Images

Old May 30, 2010, 3:49 PM   #13

That second pick is great. The jelly fish one shows the weakness of the ZS3 in low light. Terribly noisy. You deserve a bridge camera!
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2010, 4:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
That second pick is great. The jelly fish one shows the weakness of the ZS3 in low light. Terribly noisy. You deserve a bridge camera!
Ordo, thanks for your comments. Very much appreciated.
Excuse my ignorance but what is a bridge camera...

I do take a lot of indoor/low light pictures and I am aware the ZS3 won't be the ideal camera for those shots. Unfortunately, I just don't have the budget to invest in a DSLR right now and I am VERY intimidated by the manual features of those cameras. But I know it is someday in my future to join the club of the happy owners of DSLR's Then, I know I can rock some pretty neat shots, but till then, I am just going to take what I get and don't let the moment pass me by... It is just a shame that ZS3 falls so short on indoor/low light settings. But I am very pleased on outdoor shots. Colors are very vibrant and pictures are sharp. I love it!
Old May 30, 2010, 9:56 PM   #15

A bridge camera is an intermediate between point and shot and dSRLs. Middle priced and much bigger sensors = better low light performance. You have an eye for that. Look at the 4/3 forums.

I am just going to take what I get and don't let the moment pass me by...

I'll keep these youthful words in my heart. Thanks.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2010, 2:48 PM   #16

LOL. I thought the camera I bought would be considered as bridge...ha ha ha... that just shows how little I know! Thank you for your advise and nice compliments.

I have checked the 4/3 forum. It looks like the game is in between the Panasonic and Olympus. I know for a fact, I wouldn't be able to get one right now, but it will be interesting to read the reviews and see which model is better... And who knows by the time, I can afford one, there might be something newer & better out there

Until then, I'll just keep experimenting and doing the best I can with my new toy. I know the limitations and capabilities of my new camera. Despite of the poor performance at low light, like I said, I will still attempt the capture the memories as they won't wait for me to get the perfect camera to capture it... I just bought PE8 and of course, I will have to learn the tips and trick on that one too, but I am hoping at least I can close the gap with some post editing and achieve better results to a certain degree. That's the best I can do right now.

Ordo, thank you so much for your encouraging comments.