Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jun 24, 2010, 7:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
This is way off from your original, but I find it less complicated.

I like the soft pastel look.....more like a painting.

Last edited by eddie haskell; Jun 24, 2010 at 7:26 PM.
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2010, 7:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
seeing as .... oh well LOL

Now this is way cool.......the effect is almost hallucinatory, a bong full and then some
Old Jun 24, 2010, 7:38 PM   #13

Thanks all for the replies, a great lesson into how we all see, view, interpret, and express ourselves over the same subject.

I did shoot up some other frames too......if you care to add and compare (or tweak) these against the original, I'd love to read your thoughts on them

Old Jun 24, 2010, 7:54 PM   #14

Let me tell you that simple's redoing of the original pick is so creative and extraordinary i'm really thrilled. This guy's into something.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2010, 2:04 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
It is to me just a snapshot. Perhaps you could add some interest by giving it an HDR effect.

To me that is just a BYNX he seems to think he is full of flavor but I bet its running out on him at times! He should not drool at the other types of snap shots then maybe he might have much more than what he thinks... Jokers make life more fun that what it really is with out one! but then again some times Jokers seem to think that no matter what! take it lightly tred not where the water quickly becomes way to much in life!
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2010, 2:06 AM   #16

Those other frames have the touch as well I really like how the whit picture shows up in through the window and the reflection of the flower as well.
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2010, 3:04 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie haskell View Post
My goodness Bynx, I suppose when someone offers you a vanilla ice cream, you remark, "You only have vanilla......."

Sometimes a snapshot is just that, a simple presentation, you don't need to enhance the flavor to enjoy its flavor, do you?
And who's gonna want an HDR icecream? lol
musket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2010, 7:58 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie haskell View Post
My goodness Bynx, I suppose when someone offers you a vanilla ice cream, you remark, "You only have vanilla......."

Sometimes a snapshot is just that, a simple presentation, you don't need to enhance the flavor to enjoy its flavor, do you?
Sorry I missed this until Musket reposted. What I basically said about your original shot Eddie is that there was an ingredient for ice cream. But it wasnt ice cream. Something had to be added, like salt and ice and some elbow grease. I think the various examples prove my point. The effect Simon as presented is, as you say, pretty wild. It looks like there is lots of movement with all those wavy elements. Mine on the other hand I think would look great as the front of a Hallmark card you would send to a friend who was, perhaps a gardener. Maybe for me, photography is the means to an end and not the end in itself. I just find quite often a well processed photo is more interesting and/or pleasing to look at than its original.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2010, 8:00 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
To me that is just a BYNX he seems to think he is full of flavor but I bet its running out on him at times! He should not drool at the other types of snap shots then maybe he might have much more than what he thinks... Jokers make life more fun that what it really is with out one! but then again some times Jokers seem to think that no matter what! take it lightly tred not where the water quickly becomes way to much in life!
Gee sharpshotgal. I would like to respond to this, but while I know you are putting me down here, its mostly so much gibberish. When you learn to speak english and write coherently I will be glad to duke it out with you. But I really feel like Id be all by myself in our match right now.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2010, 8:25 AM   #20

I won't get into the sharp repartee going back and forth but I would like to say something about the original pic. I enjoy the outdoors. Gardens in the morning are wonderful. The smell of damp earth and all. Somehow I was trying to imagine the shot with the garden bench in sharp focus and the rest soft. Maybe with the sunlight from the other side even. Cropping off the left side a bit would improve it for me.

I'm not much for the strong HDR look. Personally HDR helps us see/feel the scene. Using it to make art is fine just not interesting to me. Thanks for offering this shot to spark discussion.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote