Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jun 27, 2010, 12:12 PM   #1

Default Just Walking in the Rain.

Caught this guy just walking in the rain.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bynx; Jun 27, 2010 at 12:14 PM.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2010, 12:35 PM   #2

I'm gonna be a bit critical here...

I don't like the angle of the shot, something shot from below the subject would emphasize that fact that it is raining (cause i cant tell that it is, unless you tell me).

Is it out of focus, or just the resizing?

The overall composition isn't great. It doesn't do anything for me.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 8:05 PM   #3

I appreciate your comments Eric and I tend to agree with them. Nothing I could do about the angle of the shot. It was from my balcony on the top of my building. Thats my son returning from the library with books and movies in the green bag. He is carrying the umbrella because the rain had almost stopped by the time he reached home. Its not exactly minimalist, but there is only Kyle and the asphalt. I liked the angle and the fact there wasnt anything else. He might be a bit out of focus. I cant really tell any more since my eyes are shot. Even my glasses arent working any more. The one thing I really like about this photo though is the small space below his left foot and the asphalt. It really shows stop action in an otherwise static shot.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 8:30 AM   #4

Hi Bynx

I have to say this isn't one of your best shots - but it's not all together bad. Your 'story / background' to it helps add interest. I thought he looked familiar.. your son (I think he's featured in a few other photos of yours).

What you wrote about his left foot being just above the asphalt... yes - that is what captured my attention about 2 seconds into my first view of the photo (before reading your post). Cheers.

Sorry to hear your 'eyes are shot'. I would never have guessed - I mean you produce such wonderful photos -and most are very good / sharp, etc. But this one is rather soft - maybe camera shake or maybe even 'subject' movement - as it has a shutter exposure of 1/160 of a second... and if he was walking quick enough - might have 'blurred' a bit.

All the best

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 12:51 PM   #5

I believe the asphalt is in good focus. Its only my son that is soft because of his moving quickly to get out of the rain. This was just a snapshot to record the moment and for no other purpose. Thats my boy and I enjoy looking at the picture.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 1:34 PM   #6

cant argue with that!