Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Aug 22, 2010, 9:35 PM   #11

I think I'm going to leave it like the second one - the problem with the background being almost desat but without the tone adjustment was that my eye kept straying to the guy by the old pick-up, he turned out to be quite distracting.

The cobra really was that shiny. The car part of the picture was also processed significantly but the shine was there in the beginning. Another view of the same car, not as significantly processed (mostly just HDR and Detail for sharpening). Sure wish it were mine...

Here's the HDR picture before I started to play around with it:

Last edited by mtngal; Aug 22, 2010 at 9:45 PM.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2010, 1:34 AM   #12

Hi Mtngal,
I really like the second one, you have made that car look stunningly vivid, especialy with the Bnw around it. I didn't like the metallic shaddow in the first one but the with a normal shadow in the second it's great. I could look at that car for ages, it's amazing, so much depth i feel like i could climb into the screen and drive away into the sunset.
Mark

Wow just seen the last post of the original and what a difference you have made with the hdr. stunning

Lumix Fx-01

d5000

Last edited by condorman; Aug 23, 2010 at 1:36 AM. Reason: addition
condorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2010, 9:34 AM   #13

As a clarification - all of the pictures posted in this thread are HDR, the "original" was based on a 5 frame series that I ran through Photomatix. Then, because there was some ghosting and some black spots, I took one of the exposures that was closest to the HDR version at those points and pasted them on the HDR version, coming up with my "original". I used Topaz Lab's Detail for the more extreme processing of the car, then used PS4 to desaturate and adjust the levels of the background of the original with the modified version of the car on a different layer. Hardest part of the whole thing was getting a good selection for the car.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:35 AM   #14

I dont find the guy distracting at all. He is dressed accordingly if he owns that old truck. This is just to show what I meant by partial desaturation.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2010, 6:23 PM   #15

You've got "good art". That last one does it well.
Garry
GSFinlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:14 PM   #16

Bynx - the guy doesn't exactly fit in with the truck - the full sized version of the picture shows the "Harley Davidson" on his vest, rather than it being suspenders.

I got about what you posted when I tried to somewhat desat the background. I didn't mind the guy, but thought the hood of the third car looked a little odd - I think it would look good with the rest of the background just like how you have it, then select that hood and lower the saturation a bit more. Thanks for the idea.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 7:07 AM   #17

If I stood looking at a crowd of women and Bo Derek was there (in her prime) I dont think I would notice any other woman. Well the same here with that Cobra. There isnt any guy with or without suspenders, no truck and no other hood. Just that beautiful shiny blue Cobra. Thanks for that.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote