Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Aug 31, 2010, 8:16 AM   #1

Default Harp in the Park.

I just wanted to share this with you guys. When my son and I were out on our bikes the bike path goes through a nice park by the lake. This lady was sitting there playing her harp. An unusual thing I think. Ive never seen it before. The only harp playing Ive ever seen was by Harpo Marx.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bynx; Sep 5, 2010 at 12:21 AM.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2010, 10:49 AM   #2

An Interesting picture, I feel you could do something with this one. I find the tree emerging from the Harpists head a little disturbing, but am thinking you have posted this to show us a record of an unusual event rather than an exhibit of your work.
MorrisWigfield-Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2010, 11:24 AM   #3

This was the only angle I could take the picture from which showed her playing. The background was half decent although that tree is a problem. If Id taken it on the other side there would have been a large foreign family with 20 kids having a picnic. As you say, it was more for the info of this unusual event rather than as a photo to enter a contest.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 5:04 PM   #4
Super Moderator

I won't 'harp' on but this is an unusual find but very cool. Did you get to have a listen, was she good? Is she busking???? If so that's pretty hard core instrument to busk with, you can't just put it on your back LOL.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2010, 12:20 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
I won't 'harp' on but this is an unusual find but very cool. Did you get to have a listen, was she good? Is she busking???? If so that's pretty hard core instrument to busk with, you can't just put it on your back LOL.
Funny thing is, she was busking. She had a black hat on the grass and as people walked on the bike path in front of her some would drop a coin in. I sat in the bench in front of her for a while and took a couple of movies of the complete tunes.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 1:42 AM   #6

You might say I'm nuts, but I really like the tree out there. It just gives me the feeling of the harp blending with the tree and the woman blending with the nature by playing it. The lines are giving me the feeling that the harp's soul wants to get back to its roots, saying: "Hey, once I was a part of a tree!". Technically speaking, it could've been a little more sharp and you could've removed in PP the dark stuff from the right edge.
Overall, besides being an interesting subject, the photo has a feeling - and that's what photography is about, right?
Old Sep 5, 2010, 2:09 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Funny thing is, she was busking. She had a black hat on the grass and as people walked on the bike path in front of her some would drop a coin in. I sat in the bench in front of her for a while and took a couple of movies of the complete tunes.
That's what we thought (I showed my wife as it was so different to see), but surly all the money she earned goes to paying people to help her move it LOL.

Would love to see the video, if you get them on youtube or vimeo let me know.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote