Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 3, 2010, 9:18 AM   #11
Super Moderator

First off, as you can see from the sticky for this forum, which ewheeler copied into this post, we really want 1 photo in "photo critiques". you can put 2 or maybe 3 if they are different views of the same photo you want advice on which is best. it keeps the discussion focused. you can just make more than 1 thread if you have multiple photos you want some thoughts on.

alright, with my schpeal out of the way. the flower shot, too much going on, only 1 flower has a portion in focus, which selective focus doesnt really work on this type of flower, and not only that the other flowers really distract from it anyways. the cheesecake shot is good, but pretty standard.

the one i like though is the weeds and storm clouds in mono shot. the perspective is great, and the cloud texture combined with this perspective really give this shot a great dramatic impact. this one is great. little bit noisy but couldn't find the exif data on it.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 10:05 AM   #12

the noise is purposed grain . do you think i shouldn't have had that in my shot? i was in baltimore at the time looking at the gardens, and couldn't help but think how everything would see from a bugs point of view.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 10:24 AM   #13

exif is shutter = 1/1500 aperture = 19 mm = 17 iso = 200 shot in manual i double posted cause my network messes up with editing. it wouldn't fix my last post.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 11:45 AM   #14

i really want cheesecake.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 11:55 AM   #15
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by .d_b. View Post
the noise is purposed grain . do you think i shouldn't have had that in my shot? i was in baltimore at the time looking at the gardens, and couldn't help but think how everything would see from a bugs point of view.
i like grain in some types of photos, in particular some architecture and street shots. but not really for a shot in "nature" so to speak. and the noise pattern here isn't really that of grain either, it just looks like noise.

the perspective is good yes, with the "Bugs eye view"
Old Sep 3, 2010, 1:18 PM   #16

Great shots I really love the Cheese Cake did you make it your self ? Lord I really don't know about that flower on I would say its ok on a dreamy level but then again there are folks that do not like seeing things so out of focus and they too have a say... the last one is a great shot... I have not been out in a while but will be getting out more often to get walking again ....Surgery sucks!
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2010, 3:41 PM   #17

I like all 3 shots. My favorite would be no 2, Impeccable.
I like the focus on no 1 and it works a treat for me.
No 3 I like the mood, cloud ,sky, angle and grain.
Morris
MorrisWigfield-Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote