Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Sep 4, 2010, 1:09 AM   #1

Default Help !

I have to admit I went out side to day not that I do not get out but of late not much. I still hurt from the stitches but I got out and did a lot of walking since my Girl friend is letting me borrow her car and my son needed to go out and ride Cindy a horse I took my self for a walk... and I got this as well as others but tell me what is that in the sky? I kinda figure its from the reflection of the sun in the lens but the sun is off to the left! Could this of been how they got what looked like a trumpet in a photo way back in the 30's was it?!
Attached Images

SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2010, 5:43 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Good that you are getting out and about a bit.

Yes, that is some extra light bouncing around inside the lens etc making this shape.

I like the shot thought, nice path leading you in and a pretty scene. My eye wants more though, if this was landscape with more of the left included and the path went out to the right that would work really well (assuming the left is as interesting as I hope). Think it needs a slight rotate to the left too.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 11:32 AM   #3

Is this the kind of situation where a lens hood would come in handy?
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2010, 12:31 PM   #4

It looks a little like a, a, a grail!
iowa_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2010, 1:09 PM   #5

Thanks for ensuring me of the lighting! Mark

With a pocket Sanyo I don't think they have a lens hood to attach though maybe I should of taken my hat! Kenzie

That is does look like a Grail but I was thinking of the photo they have in a book that is claimed to have been a shot captured in Kansas I believe it was of a trumpet in the sky! Iowa Jim

I have some of whats on the left side taken off the dock untouched that I am posting to show the left field and some of the marina that had a boat going to the left side. The right leads to the open waters of the Pacific Bay lower ends near Tacoma narrows etc it is as well the location of the Stairs another shot I took yesterday that I am posting at a house that is for sale if you loved a riding arena for horses... this is the Pen Rose State park thats on Google Map ..... they have a public dock and picnic tables a fire pit... no beach fires here.... one great big grill to cook on.... all down a hill that I thought was going to be a whopper to climb back up but it went easier up than down...? Camping is near this picnic area..... I did a lot yesterday and I felt it later but all well worth it...
Attached Images

Old Sep 4, 2010, 1:26 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Lovely lovely photos, a very nice place to relax.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 6:12 PM   #7

Over cast day to day or I would go back and do more with the Pentax had to go shopping anyways. Yes I see the place from across the way when I took the snap w=of the stair way at first it looked as if they had a ramp stored on the beach but found out it was Pen Rose Park. The last time I was there some 21 years ago they had a part shut off the part I went to yesterday so viola the shots don't do justice to the place thats for sure it is a nice place to camp.

SO how are you and your lovely wife doing?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 6:42 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Well don't go crazy and do too much

We are fine, managed to convince her to some out for a bit of a shoot this afternoon evening (some are in the people photo section) which was fun. Currently sorting visas for her to the UK which is a bit of a pain but will get there.

Looking forward to seeing some more from the Pentax.