Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 5, 2010, 11:39 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewheeler20 View Post
technically speaking, it looks just fine to me.
Thanks ewheeler

Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2010, 12:24 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
vvcarpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 2,524
Default

I think the eyes' piercing look and the flaming color overlay complement one another. It does not necessarily have to be your wife for the photo to affect the viewer. I like it.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2010, 12:51 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Western Ma. USA
Posts: 795
Default

looking at the photo again, i noticed an orange spot right under her right eye (from her perspective). I think it is important when layering photos to remember that a normal looking spot in the base photo can look strange when applied to the layered photo.

I would clone that little orange spot out. same with the little orange spot by her right ear.
__________________
ewheeler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2010, 1:30 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvcarpio View Post
I think the eyes' piercing look and the flaming color overlay complement one another. It does not necessarily have to be your wife for the photo to affect the viewer. I like it.
Thanks vvcarpio. Glad you like it

Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2010, 1:31 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewheeler20 View Post
looking at the photo again, i noticed an orange spot right under her right eye (from her perspective). I think it is important when layering photos to remember that a normal looking spot in the base photo can look strange when applied to the layered photo.

I would clone that little orange spot out. same with the little orange spot by her right ear.
Thanks for the tip. I will take a look at it.

Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2010, 2:36 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
iowa_jim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Central Iowa
Posts: 589
Default

It looks like she is mad as heck. I wonder how this would look with a blue overlay. Still, I second the idea that this gives a memorial feeling, like the person is now in the clouds as it were.
iowa_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2010, 7:51 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
JustinThyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSProtection View Post
Okay! Interesting thoughts. Well, my wife hasnīt passed on. The reason for me doing this pic was just to play and learn a little more about photoshop. And at the end I kind of liked the pic. I thougt it became pretty cool. So what I really would like critique on is the technique of blending two photos together. And to know what you think of the pic.

Best regards/Daniel
You arent planning ahead are you?

Its a nice production but does lend the grieving aspect a bit.
JustinThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2010, 8:07 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa_jim View Post
It looks like she is mad as heck. I wonder how this would look with a blue overlay. Still, I second the idea that this gives a memorial feeling, like the person is now in the clouds as it were.
Ohh, you havenīt seen her mad for sure
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2010, 8:08 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
DSProtection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
You arent planning ahead are you?

Its a nice production but does lend the grieving aspect a bit.
No Iīm not planning ahead

Thanks for your input.

Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:28 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 516
Default

Technically done well...only time I ever did anything like it was when I accidentally printed something on a picture of a bug.
I didn't read what you wrote, just looked at the pic...at first instant feeling was somber, seeing a forest fire, and mourning.

Me, do not understand layering...and the more I try, the more aggravated I get. In theory it sounds simple.
lisalonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:22 PM.