Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Closed Thread

Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:06 AM   #1

Default Can we please make a new forum rule?

To all members everywhere,

If you post a photo of a spider, please say that in parenthesis in your title? I have severe arachnophobia, and there is nothing worse than opening a page to a 5" spider on my screen!

Ponder the idea.
Thanks,
-Eric
Old Sep 23, 2010, 12:06 PM   #2

My wife would have said the same for cockroaches and lizards.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 2:17 PM   #3

What I would like to propose now that the subject has been raised is that the posting title reflect the content. I don't like a joke title: "Three Strong Soldiers" and on viewing it's a row of children dressed up. Of course, this photo stuff is for fun, so if you want to...well... do so. But, it's not that funny. OK?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 2:57 PM   #4

Wow, since I just proudly posted a picture of a spider, I feel guilty.
Here is my take on this (for whatever it is worth).
Don't click on any link, don't open any pages and don't ever visit sites you don't know, better yet, stay away from the internet, because you might see/read something that offends you sooner than later.
I guess all we need in this world is more political correctness and more rules.

But that's just me.

We would also need much longer topic windows.
If someone posts five pictures or more, they need to make sure to describe all pictures in the topic.

Last edited by Data; Sep 23, 2010 at 3:05 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 4:12 PM   #5

I have to agree with you Data. If you arent prepared for whatever comes on the screen then dont look. I thought ewheeler's post was a joke. But if it is serious then what can you say. Arachnaphobia, of a real spider perhaps. But a picture of a spider on a photo site -- I dont get it. Personally I dont like clowns with sharp teeth. But thats just me. What other kinds of phobias are there? Someone will have to do a study and we can have a category for each one. That should just about make everyone happy. Oh I also dont like cramped spaces, so all the pics should be as big as possible.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 4:23 PM   #6

I have all kind of fobias: to flowers, spiders, bugs, buildings, landscapes, portraits, bananas, toys... all kind of fobias but one: gorgeous girls. So please, post picks of gorgeous girls so i can better deal with my growing andropausia. Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 5:55 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Although I'm happy with the current photo warnings for nudes rather than trying to list all potential phobia triggers, I really don't think that mocking someone if they have a genuine problem is the way to go about it.

Pretty much I only see it likely to be an issue for spiders in the macro and here in critiques. It's also very rare for a spider shot to be posted here for critique so hopefully it will be a none issue in the future.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 6:14 PM   #8

It was a joke, although for me is a serious problem. lol. hmmmm

Obviously, i dont think people will actually warn us if spiders are in their post. I'm not that self centered. There just seemed to be a lot of photos of spiders with tittles having nothing to do with the subject, so i jump a little in my chair, and go back to the previous screen.

Data, this was not directed at you. There has been an outbreak of spider photos it seems lately, so i just thought i'd bring it up.

Also Data, I'm not a real big fan of folks who decide to take someone's opinion (mine) and seemingly blow it out of proportion to make their own point. Just sayin.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 2:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
I don't like dark figures with yellow eyes. Please change your avatar. Or better yet, stop posting all together. Your better-than-thou chimes are worth what I paid to read them. Over 6000 posts and has contributed NOTHING.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 4:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robintrade View Post
I don't like dark figures with yellow eyes. Please change your avatar. Or better yet, stop posting all together. Your better-than-thou chimes are worth what I paid to read them. Over 6000 posts and has contributed NOTHING.
ouch thats a bit evil

Closed Thread