Canon S5 IS.
Attached Images

terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2010, 8:39 PM   #2

I guess nobody likes it.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:05 PM   #3

The pose is fantastic, but the pick shows too many confusing elements: shadows, public, croped door, etc.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
The pose is fantastic, but the pick shows too many confusing elements: shadows, public, croped door, etc.
Agreed. In addition, there's a lack of detail in the subject(s), the shot is crooked and overexposed. It's a great subject, but it honestly looks like you just pulled the camera out of your pocket, held it over your head and took a shot.

The shot needs tighter framing - from the looks it does not appear you can crop down to the subjects - but that loss of detail could just be in this resized image. If the original has more details, give it a go. Then a level or curves adjustment to bring in the darks a bit and try to correct the overexposure on the arm.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2010, 6:47 PM   #5

Yes, I agree with the feedback. Initially I thought it would be a good idea to post it as I got it, which was in a real hurry, struggling to get over people's heads.

The person was posing for another photographer, and they only posed for one shot for a total of about 15 seconds, so I literally turned my camera on, cranked it over my head and got the shot with about 2 seconds to spare.

Attached is an updated photo cropped, let me know if it's better.
Attached Images

Old Oct 8, 2010, 9:33 PM   #6

got rid of some of the distracting elements which is good - but it looks like a heavily cropped image - not enough fine detail in the subjects - and it still has the exposure issues. The framing is still akward - his feet are at the very bottom of the frame and there's a lot of dead space at the top - the door as a backdrop seems very akward and the shadow to the left of the frame is still a distraction. In short, it's an improved snapshot of an interesting feat but as a photograph there's just too much working against it.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2010, 1:51 PM   #7

I agree, photographically it's not that great a shot.

I had to rush it because I had a window of about 10 seconds to get the shot (sort of like a slow motion sport photo) - and then they were gone.

I think the pose is pretty amazing, but the photographic elements of the shot are pretty bad all told.