Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 9, 2010, 1:43 AM   #1

Default After the storm.....

Heading back out.

As you can see on the water, it was breezy. The rain showers were blowing and swirling about, between the clouds as the sun was setting....creating a weird crazy rainbow effects tho not in an arch.
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2010, 4:03 AM   #2

Nice one, Eddie...!
Wizzard0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2010, 9:30 AM   #3

I think it is beautiful....
Canon Lens EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM IS
Canon Lens EF500mm F4L IS USM
Sigma 105mm f2.8 EX Macro
Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 Wide angle
hanalwala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:14 PM   #4

Dang Eddie, thats really a nice shot! That has more things to look at than Dolly Partons blouse Is that what you get to see every day or are you traveling to some resort?
hkmp50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkmp50 View Post
Dang Eddie, thats really a nice shot! That has more things to look at than Dolly Partons blouse Is that what you get to see every day or are you traveling to some resort?
Dolly's blouse, yes....I see the quagmire, doubled!

No dude, I live here....I've been blessed. Funny, I sort of get jaded on all the beautufl scenery around me, I guess not unlike Dolly's bra

This scene, in person, from the other night, was spectacular. I stood down on the bluff after the rain let up, and watched the sun sink out between the holes in the clouds. Light rain was still present between me and the sunset, giving the area a very subtle prism effect.
The conditions lasted mere seconds, ever changing, and I didn't have the knowledge to really capture it with my "hit and miss" or, just take a lot of frames on different settings, mentality, hoping to get one!
I know I missed the crop, leaving part of the barge in tow out of the frame, but this one has the best captures in it. Your thoughts?

Old Nov 9, 2010, 9:44 PM   #6

Eddie, I am so frickin jealous, but thankfully you are there to capture the awsome splendor of your part of the country! They are both outstanding shots! Although as I am not a really great photographer, I would simply beat someone like a red headed stepchild to be able to take pictures like you did with these two. I like the cloud color you got in the second one, along with the reflection, the whole thing has depth and action. Simply great photography! I must ask you if I can use the first one for my desktop background. Would you mind?
Frank
Old Nov 9, 2010, 10:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkmp50 View Post
Eddie, I am so frickin jealous, but thankfully you are there to capture the awsome splendor of your part of the country! They are both outstanding shots! Although as I am not a really great photographer, I would simply beat someone like a red headed stepchild to be able to take pictures like you did with these two. I like the cloud color you got in the second one, along with the reflection, the whole thing has depth and action. Simply great photography! I must ask you if I can use the first one for my desktop background. Would you mind?
Frank
Thanks for asking...I'd be honored!
Old Nov 9, 2010, 11:43 PM   #8

SWEEEET! Thanks heaps!!! (kinda wish you had a way to sign it, you know for when you get famous...)

Last edited by hkmp50; Nov 9, 2010 at 11:46 PM.