Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 18, 2010, 8:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkmp50 View Post
If I was to critique this, and knew anything about what I was saying, I would say it looks just slightly oof to me, and the color looks somehow kind of off, Is this right or is my monitor just not good enough and deceiving me?
Otherwise I would say great reporting, nice after action shot.
Frank
I would agree with you, I still can not figure out why my pictures look much better on my computer, and when I post them, they look soft, etc. I am using picasa, and reduce size to 700......
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2010, 1:03 PM   #12

opsssss..
the car seems like a toy along the street..
about the photo, its quite not good in color adjustments.
carrollove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2010, 7:16 PM   #13

Ouch. I wish my bosses boss would meet that tree. LOL.
rlewis0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2009 View Post
I would agree with you, I still can not figure out why my pictures look much better on my computer, and when I post them, they look soft, etc. I am using picasa, and reduce size to 700......
How do you do it in picasa? Usually when I post a picture using picasa, I chose "Export Picture to Folder" which pops up a dialog that lets me resize to 700 pixels and chose jpeg quality. Once I do that, I get a folder browser that contains the exported picture. I then check the file size of the exported picture. If it's too big for the forum (currently 253.9 KB for jpegs according to the attachment manager), I delete and re-export with lower jpeg quality. If you try to import something bigger, the board software will apply its own compression, pretty heavily it seems. This may be where you're getting tripped up.

Take care.
Green Eyed Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2010, 7:55 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Stranger View Post
How do you do it in picasa? Usually when I post a picture using picasa, I chose "Export Picture to Folder" which pops up a dialog that lets me resize to 700 pixels and chose jpeg quality. Once I do that, I get a folder browser that contains the exported picture. I then check the file size of the exported picture. If it's too big for the forum (currently 253.9 KB for jpegs according to the attachment manager), I delete and re-export with lower jpeg quality. If you try to import something bigger, the board software will apply its own compression, pretty heavily it seems. This may be where you're getting tripped up.

Take care.
I do the same thing. I think I just figured it out, the night before I was in a gym, and did custom WB, next day I saw this car, grabbed the camera and shot, so I think the WB is way off....
correction, I checked, that was not it, I did have partial metering,,,,maybe thats it?

Last edited by Mark2009; Nov 19, 2010 at 7:58 AM.
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:40 PM   #16

Damn, you can always get another car, but trees are hard to grow!
apjar307 is offline   Reply With Quote