Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:18 AM   #1

Default Just learning

I was at a park. I only took my Tamron 135mm Close focus manual lens with me. Did you know you can zoom by walking back and forth , anyway here is one I caught of some seed pods lite by sunlight from above and behind. I used F2.5 trying to limit DOF, I was about 20 feet (give or take) from the subject.

fofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:24 AM   #2

This one was in the same park as the first one. There were medium size weeds with these fluffy seed things coming out all over in the field area (as opposed to wood or wet land like the above image). I was trying to stop down F 32 in this case, for greater DOF. Also I was shooting towards the wooded area (about 15 feet beyond the weed) with the sun to my back and a little left. I still don't have using the manual lens totally down yet (one reason I was at the park with just this lens) and the picture was under exposed. Yet it looked pretty good with a minor adjustment, at least to me. Much better than the properly exposed one.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:40 AM   #3

The second image looks like we are looking at it through a ND filter. It has an overall grey drab look to it.
In photoshop I just did an Auto Color on a dup base layer. Then I gave it Opacity of 65%.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:49 AM   #4

That does make it stand out better. I have Elements 7, I'll have to play around with that a little more to see if I can get the same results.
Thanks