Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:17 AM   #71

It never fails. Each time I see one of these my mouth drops open and I think WOW. Billy, your chandelier is perfect for this since its main object and its a nice distance from you and the wall. And Martin yours is great. Every detail makes me want to look around and examine. The only thing I would mention is the cropping of the sides. For example crop the right side of the left image to almost match the right side of the right image. Then crop the left side of the right image to match the left side of the left image. Then when you see the 3D image the sides wont be bothersome. It just makes for a cleaner image to look at. I just wish images could be much bigger and my eyes could cross much wider to see them. Maybe next step is to make a viewer.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2010, 3:41 PM   #72

I shot two more today.

It would be nice if they could come up with blu-ray dvds that show left and right versions of the same movie. That way I don't have to upgrade to 3D-ready TV and buy a 3D blu-ray player. I can just sit and watch cross-eyed for two hours. Call it, "redneck 3-D" just kidding...

Last edited by vvcarpio; Dec 15, 2010 at 3:52 PM.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2010, 6:11 PM   #73

Too bad those two people were moving in the library. But still great shot. And the fountain...well it looks like I can reach out and grab an icicle.

Scaled down Harleys.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bynx; Dec 15, 2010 at 9:21 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 7:54 AM   #74

Thanks, Paul.

The motorcycles looked like real ones in a showroom. What gave them away was when I looked at them in 3D and saw the wall away from the table.

I just realized I've been hijacking your for-critique thread. It's just so much fun I don't know if I can stop taking pairs for potential 3-D from now on. It's like a whole new world opened up for me. A new fantastic point of view. And when I'm way up here, it's crystal clear... eh, you get my drift.

This picture of Grand Central has less people than the previous one. Actually, there are about the same number of people. But while the first one was taken at noon when there were tourists and people waiting for contacts (the clock at Grand Central is the quintessential meeting spot in New York City), this one was taken at morning rush hour when very few were standing still.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 8:09 AM   #75

This isnt for critique, just didnt know where to post the 3D since there isnt a section for it. Id like to go into Grand Central Station at 3 in the morning and get the shot. Even the few people here have moved quite a bit between shots. No one in front of the clock on the left but lots in front on the right. I like looking between the posts on either side of the hall. Nice 3D effects there. I have to go to Union Station soon and do the same 3D shot.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 5:27 PM   #76

The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2010, 6:35 PM   #77

Excellent. Sure works for me. Its a lot like the microscope I have. I leave a colored line in the middle between the shots to aid in seeing the 3D. But I dont really need it. Looking back at your 3D it never ceases to amaze me how real it looks. Thanks and Merry Christmas Barbarian.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 7:43 PM   #78

Thanks for bringing the idea up. Now, I'm wondering what big, fluffy clouds would look like, if the separation was maybe a quarter mile. I'm going to have to try that this summer on a calm day.

I appreciate the kind words. Merry Christmas to you too, Bynx.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2010, 8:15 PM   #79

Street scenes with lamp posts, trees, garbage bins etc that are all fairly close but still apart would make nice 3D images. Just move the camera about 6 inches.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 9:57 PM   #80

Very nice, Barbarian. I think 3D works best with everyday objects.

I'm still taking pictures in 3D -- just not getting around to post them until now. It's so much fun.

Christmas Tree at Bryant Park.

Park Avenue South.

Empire State Building.

Statue at Herald Square in front of Macy's. Inscription reads, "A memorial to James Gordon Bennett (1795-1872) Founder of the New York Herald in 18?? and to his son James Gordon Bennett (1841-1918) through whose vision and enterprise the New York Herald became one of the world's great newspapers."