Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:05 AM   #81

They keep getting better Billy. Those bell bongers really are something else. I saw a website where the guy posted a chart. It showed how far to move the camera based on how far the subject was from the camera. I didnt pay much attention and now wished I had. But still, I shouldnt imagine the camera should move any more than 4 to 6 inches because thats how far apart our eyes are and all we are doing is replicating our eyes. I will keep searching for that site. Meanwhile Best Wishes for the Holiday Season to you, your lovely wife and kids. Take care.
Bynx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:15 AM   #82

Beautiful! I particularly like the Empire State Building. That traffic light really makes the picture work.
The Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 4:47 PM   #83

Thanks. I took two more pics today.

Merry Christmas to all, too!

Statue of Atlas at Rockefeller Center.

The military truck is back in Times Square.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:27 PM   #84

Excellent. That truck really pops. Is it there all the time? Ive seen it before and I did a funny alt to a post of it. That person walking to the left of the truck moved. Also the traffic throw things off a bit. The shot of Atlas is a perfect example of what should be the elements of a 3D image. No movement. Everything is crisp and clean and very 3D. Nice shots Billy.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:45 PM   #85

Both of those are great. My favorite of the two is the truck. Kinda makes you wonder if there's a market waiting for a stereo digitial camera. Or maybe someone needs to put one together.

Shouldn't be that hard. Consider a wireless remote with two triggers on two cameras. Mount on a bracket at the proper distance, and you can have stereo sports shots.

Unless I'm missing something...
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:59 PM   #86

Old Dec 23, 2010, 1:25 AM   #87

Just like being there. Really nice Babarian.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 10:12 AM   #88

Thanks, Bynx. I'm wondering. I like to do stitches of large interior spaces like malls or government buildings. What if I set up a tripod and did a set, and then moved it six inches, and did it again? Would the extreme wide angle effect work in 3-D?

I'm going to give that a try soon.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:34 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
The lights look brighter, too, in 3-D. Very nice.

I agree about there being definitely a market for 3-D cameras. There are disposable digital cameras (which can be easily hacked I just found out) and they just have to put two sensors 4 inches apart. That would give the tourist a 3-D memento of every place he or she visited.

I took these today and yesterday.

Giant Christmas lightbulbs in front of McGraw-Hill on 6th Avenue.

Giant Christmas balls next door.

Christmas Tree at New York Palace Hotel on Madison behind Saint Patrick's Cathedral.
vvcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:56 AM   #90

Best yet. I love this stuff. The bulbs really pop. The fountain water is interesting in 3D since we never see it in 3D live with that smokey long exposure look. And that tree. Its standing all alone with those popping tree boxes. Perfect set.

As for trying a 3D panorama Barbarian, the problem I see is that each shot would have to be lined up perfectly with its mate. But the main problem I see is that my eyes cant cross that far to have the two images finally come together. I hope it works but I dont think it will. You will have to view in in pieces, just like your eyes has to see a panorama view in stages as your eyes scan the scene. Shooting in portrait mode instead of landscape will give more image area, keep the same cross eyed distance and then we can pan up and down like normal to view a tall 3D image.