Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 7, 2010, 3:10 AM   #1

Default Personality.....???

Well I showed you guys my wife working in the flame at her work station, and I've showed you a close-up of a bead in the flame being made.....that is the easy stuff!

I have to market her stuff with my, er.....can I say skills? (stretch).

That is were I need help. I'm trying to give her beads personality, the ones that lend to that possibility anyway, like these owls. I'm trying to learn this lens, it is very shallow, but I think its what I need to capture the effect I want. Understand I'll have shots of the whole bead too, this is just to give the presentation another perspective of these little half inch creations....

So, appreciate any and all input......THANKS!!!!

eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2010, 3:28 AM   #2

One thing I would look at is the color of the ware to the color of the background.. if you have a light owl use a darker back grounds if its dark use lighter ... they all have cute personalities already...! Albert the book Owl # 2 Blue Dearie Owl #3 Lovely Dovey she reminds me of Mrs Howell on Gilligan's Island #4 Teddie Owl looks about to cry that he is an owl not not Owl... #5 Scrappy Owl I dont really know why other than he reminds me of a cartoon but I cant remember which one for sure ... He does look kinda of Sunky type ....cross breed.. They are all cute as can be...
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 6:26 AM   #3

Very neat one of a kind thing. But the question I have is what do you do with the bead(s). Is one the center piece in a necklace or what?
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2010, 11:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Very neat one of a kind thing. But the question I have is what do you do with the bead(s). Is one the center piece in a necklace or what?
Yes, they are called focal beads, and most are used as you suggest.
eddie haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2010, 3:53 PM   #5

they definitely show personality. I would exaggerate the angles a bit more though. For example, bead #4 should be taken at a lower POV, to show the "sadness" portrayed in they bead's eyes. And bead #5 should be rotated even more almost as if it's looking over it's shoulder...

great work, i light the plain background, but i'd go even brighter with the background. More white, and back light (to shin through the glass beads).
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:59 PM   #6

Eddie,

I don't know what more you can do than what you have already done. These look great to me, I did have to look at them more than once to see what the personalities thing was all about but once I looked a second time they practically jumped off the page at me. I think you are doing great! These are really some nice figures and your wie is truly an artist. Frank