Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Dec 22, 2010, 3:39 PM   #1

Default A noob's p&s pictures

Hello all i am a new kid on the block both on this site and in the world of photography, i am really restricted by both my p&s camera and my skills, however following are few of the pictures i took and would love to hear your feedback on them. Apart from resizing and compressing the images i have done no touch ups to the pictures (like i will know what to do DOH!)

Few night shots in manual mode playing with aperture and shutter speed settings without flash

Again all of the following are taken in either manual mode or in scene modes using macro settings

baqai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:47 PM   #2

Not bad! Nice to see some flower shots this late in the year! I am interested in the blue reflection in the 5th shot What is it? PS<<< Welcome to the forums!!! Frank
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:50 PM   #3

Not bad pics the only thing I see that kinda bothers me is the date stamp but that's personal preference but welcome to the forums
zombz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:53 PM   #4

@zombz

I agree with you it started to bug me off too so i have turned it off, future shots would be without the date&time stamp

@hkmp50

I believe you are talking about the sixth picture, that's the macro of my pc;s power button and in the background there is the light from my western digital external hdd and an another external drive. No like i mentioned no PS was done to the image(s).

Here is another picture in which i have focused the drive instead of the power button on my computer

Following are few more macros i did

Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:09 AM   #5

Very nice, I would never have imagined that pics of common objects like that could come out so artsy. Good going! Thanks for sharing Frank
Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:58 AM   #6

Thank you for the kind comments Frank i am trying to justify to myself and to my wife to jump to DSLR.

Edit: Oh by the way here is my son Rohail, he is my favorite subject but he is too restless for me to successfully capture any good moments This was one of the main reason i started looking beyond the world of p&s and started learning more about manual mode on the camera

Last edited by baqai; Dec 23, 2010 at 1:33 AM.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 8:33 AM   #7

The date time stamp is redundant since its also part of the EXIF data for each shot.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote