Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old May 10, 2011, 9:30 PM   #11

sdromel, can you explain this in a little more detail? Especially:

Quote:
Your PIXes look like typical stage shots done under colored lighting in which the camera isnt composed properly (I experience this all the time when shooting concerts).
I also had the same issue shooting a concert a few weeks ago. Are you telling me that the lighting will affect the auto focus? I was using spot focus, in continuous mode. All other settings were manual (shutter, aperture, ISO). I suppose I can try manual focus. It's a runway, and there are no other frames of reference to focus on. And the lighting is not constant the length of the runway, and I was on the side, so I was shooting the models as they were walking, so the focus would change all the time (thus the reason for continuous -- I just kept the shutter button pressed halfway most of the time.)

Thanks!
elliotm00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2011, 11:15 PM   #12

After taking a bunch of photos on a tripod using the timer, I've concluded that the 80-200 is soft at f/2.8 at 200mm, and sharper at f/5.6. But my Nikon 70-300 VR was even sharper at f/5.6 (at 200mm). So either I have a soft copy of the 80-200, or, well, I don't know what to think.

I recently attended an event where I saw a press photographer hand-holding the 80-200 (I think the camera was a D700). So maybe I'm missing something, if this is good enough for him.

I posted the 100% crops in the Nikonians forum. If there is interest, I'll post them here.

Thanks again.
elliotm00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:28 PM   #13

Everything is just fine! But the sharpness of a photo is not so good but I still love it! Hope you can overcome this shot trouble! Goodluck!