Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Jan 24, 2012, 3:06 PM   #1

Default Foggy lake, Sweden

Hey guys, long time ago I was here. Been busy working. But a couple a days ago, I took this picture.

What do you think?

Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:49 PM   #2

Very well done. The bridge is framed in the center of the image-as it should be when it flows out into infinity. And, I like the way you cropped the sky allowing the horizon to fall above the center of frame - roughly the rule of thirds. Keeping the edges of the weatherbeaten planks in color while the rest of the image is essentially black & white adds interest.

Another little touch that I think deserves some comment is the way you located your copyright. It is there for all to take note. But it in no way gets in the way of enjoying as wells analyzing the photograph. So often lately I've seen people ask for comment but put these huge copyright logos across the entire frame making it difficult if not impossible to see.

With this image you've succeeded in capturing the viewers eyes and immediately drawing them into the scene.

Thanks for sharing.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2012, 11:40 PM   #3

hey this is gr8 ... Congratzz.
mainak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:20 AM   #4

Absolutely beautiful shot. Compostion is spot on. Leaving the subtle green hues on the edges of the planks is, in a word, genius. I think you could sell this shot. It makes me want to go fishing.
umdaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:44 AM   #5

Selective color is usually instant cheeseball because it was such a fad 5 years ago (the black and white person holding the colorful flowers, black and white but eyes in color, etc..) and I usually shy away from it but this is a great usage of it and the fact that it's selective color is almost unnoticable simply because fog does often tend to turn things b&w. Wonderfully done, Istvan.

What does the writing on the boards of the dock say?

brad
DigMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:43 PM   #6

Simply beautiful. Its perfect as is. I do feel however that i have to add something as its the critique forum, so i would clone out the white lichen spot (or is it bird poo) to the left of the first post.
It has a tendency to draw my eye, when my eye should be completely free to follow the flow into the image, which happens flawlessly if that spot is ignored.
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:53 AM   #7

Thanks guys, glad you like it! I tried just to have it b&w, but it just felt a bit boring, it still looked good, but to leave the green out, just made it a little special from many other similar photos I think

The writing is actually the name of the peoples who donated money so they could build this dock

And thanks for the comment on the white spot, its not a bird poo though It's something that has to do with the bride, cause there is one by every pole on the right side But I didn't even think about it. And on that small pic, it just looks a bit weird
Old Feb 4, 2012, 7:29 PM   #8

Nicely done

Selective colouring is overdone in my opinion but this suits the shot nicely.

I like the comp and the shot is nicely exposed for my taste.
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:16 AM   #9

Very well done. Wish I could have captured this!!
mainak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:10 PM   #10

Beautiful. I've nothing to compliment that already hasn't been complimented.

The small dark land and it's reflection on the left end of the horizon keep drawing my eye away from the rest of the image. I'd try lightening it so it was just a bit darker than the land in the far left background.
ItDontMeanAThing is offline   Reply With Quote