Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Photo Critiques

Old Oct 5, 2012, 3:11 PM   #1

Default Colosseum in Traffic

Shot of the Colosseum at night in the busy Rome Traffic. Aim was to show the majesty of the Colosseum while still bringing it into the 21st century, showing that its a big part of modern, busy, bustling, vibrant Rome.

Posting here for any constructive critique you may offer, as this is going to be printed big and hung on the wall.

Thanks!
schmintan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2012, 5:52 AM   #2

Over 100 views and no feedback, I'm going to take that as meaning people think my image is 100% flawless!
Old Oct 8, 2012, 9:58 AM   #3

very nice photo. but what about the yellowish lights. Try to treat them. how? i don't know. Maybe white balance or change the coloure with ps.
thanks and nice angle.
WeMacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 8:47 AM   #4

I like the view and find the yellow interesting. But I would correct the keystoning.
tclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 5:00 PM   #5

G'day schmintan

Just seen this posting - it's one that I would be awfully keen to have myself if I had been there
more seriously - It's a really great image, I like it a lot and to my eye it's close to 10/10

cc- if I may ...
Like many after-dark images [I take & see from others] it is a touch overexposed via the meter compensating for the dark sky surrounding the main subject. It also shows the [over] brightness of the headlights coming in from the LHS

I would suggest a qwik pop into Levels & slide the centre-marker from 1,00 down to 0,75 or 0,8 to darken the image maybe 1/3EV

The WB is okay to my eyes ~ while it may not be a 100% reproduction of the exact colour of the building, to me, the colour as recorded 'works' and makes the image look good

And also - as was mentioned above, the keystoning could be an issue - but it's not excessively 'bad' so it becomes a personal choice whether to leave it or to fix it

Hope this is okay - and be sure to offer us all a 20" x 30" print once it's done
Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 4:46 PM   #6

thanks for the feedback guys.

Ozzy, think your right about the lights being overexposed. il have a play around with it.

The white balance was altered a bit. it was quite orange/yellow in reality, but that would not work so well in print i feel, and the colors show are more representative of the scene in daylight ( without streetlights).